SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An interesting change of pace from peanut butter / * got the ice cream now too...sampled pg2*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An interesting change of pace from peanut butter / * got the ice cream now too...sampled pg2* Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
No, this thread is not about a variant of the ages old debates about smooth vs chunky or even what brand of peanut butter is best. Nor it it to discuss other nut based butters like almond or even the chocolate lovers hazelnut - cocoa spread.

Nay, this thread is to expose a different sort of spread: a cookie butter. Big Grin

Many of you may have had some experience with the Belgian creation, which is especially delightful with a good mug of coffee.

Well, lo and behold, this confection is also available as a spread!

Yes, and even in smooth or crunchy versions. Wink

I was presented with the crunchy Biscoff cookie spread, and being a Biscoff cookie fan, I was quickly smitten by this tasty wonder! Big Grin

It is commended to anyone who is looking for something different to enjoy in the place of the ubiquitous peanut and other nut butter spreads.

And oh my goodness, word has spread to me that there is also a Biscoff ice cream. I AM DOOMED! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine how the ice cream would be, the spread is soooo good.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What is a biscoff cookie or spread?

Looks like sweet plain cookies? And what is a cookie spread? Ground up cookie paste? Sounds interesting. Where do you find these cookies and spread? Safeway?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
What is a biscoff cookie or spread?

Looks like sweet plain cookies? And what is a cookie spread? Ground up cookie paste? Sounds interesting. Where do you find these cookies and spread? Safeway?

https://www.shopbiscoff.com/

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
And what is a cookie spread? Ground up cookie paste?

Despite the link, that’s still my question: does one spread ground up cookie paste on bread, muffins, …?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
You had me at cookie

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is a biscoff cookie?

Looks like sweet plain cookies?

It's a crispy spice cookie from Europe, often served with coffee or tea. The primary flavors are brown sugar and cinnamon, with a hint of other spices. A bit like a gingerbread cookie or cinnamon graham cracker, but a different spice profile and a lighter/crumblier texture.

If you like Biscoff, you should try the Speculoos version from Trader Joe's. I think they're even better than Biscoff. (And yes, Trader Joe's sells Speculoos Cookie Butter too.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've only ever eaten the spread off a spoon Big Grin

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
And what is a cookie spread? Ground up cookie paste?

Despite the link, that’s still my question: does one spread ground up cookie paste on bread, muffins, …?

"The spread is made of speculoos cookies (Biscoff brand, which are widely available) that are turned into a thick spread with the addition of sugar, vegetable oil and other all natural ingredients. The spread is smooth and creamy, with a deep brown sugar, butter and spice flavor to it. In other words, it is a spreadable cookie and it is delicious."
https://bakingbites.com/2011/1...t-is-biscoff-spread/

Yes it can be used just like peanut butter although I wouldn't think marrying it with jelly or preserves would be the way to go. But that may just be me. Smile

I have enjoyed it on an english muffin and bagel as well as just by the spoon, just like Nutella.

As far as availability, even Wal-Mart and Amazon have it. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Based on this thread I had to order some to try. It came today; I got a jar of smooth and a jar of crunchy.

I'm going to be in trouble.
Damn, that stuff is good.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
Based on this thread I had to order some to try. It came today; I got a jar of smooth and a jar of crunchy.

I'm going to be in trouble.
Damn, that stuff is good.

:thumbsup: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I'm doomed. The local King Soopers carries it. I bet it is wonderful on a shortbread cookie.

Gee Thanks bald1 Big Grin

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:
I'm doomed. The local King Soopers carries it. I bet it is wonderful on a shortbread cookie.

Gee Thanks bald1 Big Grin

Big Grin You're welcome. Bet it'll scratch your itch there scratchy! LOL

(I try! Smile Smile Big Grin )

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Biscoff spread + Biscoff cookies = Biscoff sandwich cookies Smile

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
I admire a company that knows how to expand their product line and market.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Biscoff spread + Biscoff cookies = Biscoff sandwich cookies Smile

And spoon the Biscoff icecream on the Biscoff sandwich cookies.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

...just like Nutella

Okay, Nutella is diabetes in a jar. So sickeningly sweet. I was all hyped up about Nutella. Tried it once and was horrified by how sweet it was. I expected hazelnut butter and cocoa, without the sugar.

Okay, off to the Walton empire I go tomorrow to find a jar of this cookie stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

NUTELLA

USN (RET), COTEP #192

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That means I can have 11 Tablespoons a day.

And some water.

That's... fine.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
The title of this thread ought to have a dieters disclaimer! Big Grin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post