SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20 Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
  • MSU at Oregon in the Redbox Bowl

• Hope the Spartans can win.
    Can’t watch the game, as I feel nauseous whenever I see those putrid uniforms the Ducks wear.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by C-Dubs:
    Can’t watch the game, as I feel nauseous whenever I see those putrid uniforms the Ducks wear.
    Rumor has it, they lost a bet and have to dress like that. I plead the 5th as to whether or not I started the rumor.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23226 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Michigan State/Oregon apparently the ‘76 Steelers and the ‘85 Bears against Spartan and Duck’s offenses.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    New Year's Day Bowls:
  • #18 MS St @ IA in the Outback Bowl which already started on ESPN2 - IA is leading 10-6 as I type so I'm not going to analyze or discuss spread. IA wins.
  • #14 KY @ #12 PSU in the Citrus Bowl at Noon Central on ABC - Depending on which odds service you believe the Nittany Lions are predicted to win by 4.5 to 5 (I'm using 4.5). I don't know much about Wildcats and kick-off is in 2 minutes so I'm going with the Nittany Lions to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory (i.e. lose) which is the M.O. vs good competition.
  • #9 WA vs #6 tSOU in the Rose Bowl at 4:00 Central on ESPN. The Buckeyes are favored by 6 to 6.5 depending on which odds service you believe. The Buckeyes have a 17 ppg better per game offense and the Huskies have a 10 ppg better per game defense. I think tOSU is going to give up a bunch of points, but fortunately they're going to score a a metric shit ton of points. Buckeyes win and cover.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23226 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    This was an ugly win for Iowa, but still a win.
    minus 15 yards rushing for the day.
    Mississippi State has a very stout defense but played undisciplined and the penalties cost them.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Loved the National Anthem as played by the Ohio State Band prior to kickoff. Tight, great tempo, & forming a flag at the end. Topped off with a B-2 flyover. Nicely done

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Wrap Up - December 31st Bowls:
  • MSU at Oregon in the Redbox Bowl at 2:00 CT in Santa Clara, CA, on Fox. Only saw "highlights" but it looked incredibly boring as nobody could run or pass (both team's QBs had QB ratings in 20s Eek). I was incorrect in predicting Sparties pulled off the upset.
  • #22 NWU at #17 Utah in the Holiday Bowl at 6:00 CT in San Diego, CA, on FS1. Only saw highlights of this game and the Wildcats had an amazing 28 point 3rd quarter to come from behind and win. Kudos to NWU's D for 2 INTs, 4 fumble recoveries (including converting fumble recoery to 82 yard TD run) and 3 sacks.

Wrap Up - New Year's Day Bowls:
  • #18 MS St @ IA in the Outback Bowl which already started on ESPN2. I was correct in "predicting" IA would win. It was a really good game with IA dominating the 2nd quarter, giving up lead in 3rd quarter, regaining lead with 1:55 left in 3rd quarter, and managing to hold onto the lead.
  • #14 KY @ #12 PSU in the Citrus Bowl at Noon Central on ABC - PSU spotted UK a huge lead, and then had a nice comeback. The Nittany Lions had a chance to win with less than 5 min left, but came out of the red zone with a field goal instead of a TD. Hats off to UK for their best football season in my lifetime.
  • #9 WA vs #6 tSOU in the Rose Bowl at 4:00 Central on ESPN. I was correct on the Buckeyes winning but wrong on them covering. The Buckeyes absolutely dominated this game for 37 minutes. The Huskies started playing better D and the Buckeyes look like they took their foot off the accelerator. Hats off the Huskies O for mounting a comeback and making the game interesting. Haskins had a nice game with 3 TD passes and that put him at an amazing 50 passing TDs for the season.

Wrap Up for 2018/19 Bowl Season:
    The Big Ten finished 5-4 this bowl season. Here are the conference match-ups:
  • ACC: 2-0 w/ MN and WI both winning by 24 and 31 respectively
  • PAC 12: 2-1 w/ both tOSU and NWU winning but MSU losing by 1 point.
  • SEC: disappointing 1-3. IA narrowly won, PSU narrowly lost, UofM got blown out, and Purdue got blown out.

It's been another fun Big Ten season.

•  
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Sad news out of Purdue today:

He certainly had an inspirational and courageous life. His recently released book has proceeds going to cancer research on top of the millions he raised for the Jimmy V foundation.

May God comfort his family and friends.

Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    The entire Purdue football team attended Tyler Trent’s funeral yesterday. Class

Link

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks for posting that. The celebration of life service was about 60 miles from Purdue so it's great the football team went by bus. Purdue's starting QB, David Blough, became friends with Tyler and spoke at the service.

They're having a Memorial tonight at Purdue.

Picture of Shaql
    posted Hide Post
    Rondale Moore named ESPN's Most Exciting Player for this year!!!

I'll let Todd create the '19-'20 thread so I'll just leave this right here.

https://www.hammerandrails.com...most-exciting-player

Super excited for Purdue to showcase this guy and the new weapons Coach Brohm has been able to recruit to W. Lafayette.

First time in a long time I've been excited for college football. It would be great to see them in the Big10 championship hunt!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post