SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I’m ok with the Tigers finding a classy way to let up.

Me too. Time to start seeing what the younger guys can do.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was soooo close!

Purdue left a couple points on the field and there was a bad call here and there or I would have been right on. Big Grin

My next pick is; Michigan State-34, Oregon-28

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas@Last:
I was soooo close!

Big Grin
You were close...if you added your pick together, and said it was all for Auburn instead Smile

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Pur-don’t

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
quote:
I was soooo close!

Big Grin
You were close...if you added your pick together, and said it was all for Auburn instead Smile

I know, right? I didn't get to see the game. I took my wife and her friend to the range this afternoon. I'm very curious as to what happened. Unless it was just a really bad match-up.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
quote:
I was soooo close!

Big Grin

I know, right? I didn't get to see the game. I took my wife and her friend to the range this afternoon. I'm very curious as to what happened. Unless it was just a really bad match-up.

Auburn got the ball first and started hitting big plays right away. 21-0 after about 6 minutes. Purdue never recovered. Auburn only went 3 and out once the whole game. All the breaks went AU's way.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a great explanation. I totally get it.
Very tough to get any momentum and climb back into a game like that unless the other team allows it. Sounds like they didn't.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sad to see the Boilermakers get blown to bits.

At least Auburn shifted into Neutral in the 3rd QTR and coasted to victory...

quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
All the breaks went AU's way.

That AND Auburn completed about 40 more plays than the Boilermakers did.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Wrap-up - Dec 28th - Music City Bowl:
Undue Perversity @ Auburn at 12:30 CT in Nashville on ESPN. Auburn beat us deep early and often and it was an ugly one-sided game. Games like this make it very evident that we’re still playing with Darrell Hazell’s MAC-level recruits.

I passed up an opportunity to go to San Antonio (last nice day before weather front arrives) but chose poorly and watched live.

Hats off to Auburn.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Dec 29th Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl:
#10 Floriduh at #7 UofM in Atlanta at 11:00 CT on ESPN. Depending on which odds service you believe, the Wolverines are 4 to 4.5 point favorites (I'm using 4.5). They faced zero common opponents and have similar results from facing Top 25 opponents - Floriduh is 2-1 (wins at MS St and LSU) and UofM is 3-2 (wins at WI, MSU, and PSU). On paper their QBs look equal, their rushing game looks equal, UofM gives up about 1 field goal less per game, UofM is slightly better on pass defense, and UofM is much better on rush defense.

I'm going with UofM to win and cover.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23194 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great preview tatortodd,

I don't watch enough football games to know what you know about the other teams. I just go with my special calculations. I have a unique matrix that I have developed over the 60 years that I have been a BIG fan.

Here it is . . . Whatever BIG team-34, Whatever other guy-28. Sometimes I am fairly close, but I've never been right.
Don't bet my pics.

Michigan-34, Florida-28

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
When your O line can't get you 4 inches in two consecutive tries, you know it's gonna be a long day....

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boring! Just another southern team with a running QB getting all the yards in a favorable match-up against a northern team built to play in the cold. Typical BIG bowl game.

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
The game is not much better in person. 57 rushing yards?

Does anyone else think Schembechler was less conservative than Harbaugh?

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Boring! Just another southern team with a running QB getting all the yards in a favorable match-up against a northern team built to play in the cold. Typical BIG bowl game.

This exactly.

Just like Auburn / Purdue.

Wait ....

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Florida has a much BETTER coach. Shea Patterson did have a better year than he would have had at Ole Miss though. As they say Michigan thought they were all that and a bag of chips.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:

This exactly.

Just like Auburn / Purdue.

Wait ....

That was atypical. Smile

That's what happens when a BIG 10 team tries to copy the ACC, and plays a team that copied the BIG 10.

I might mention that I have little objectivity when it comes to college football. But come to think of it, neither does college football.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So Michigan lost because it wasn't cold out...?

Or because they can't play with a SEC team...?

Big-Ten = Big-Disappointment thus far.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Florida has a much BETTER coach.

Harbaugh is 1 and 9 against top 10 teams. He has lost every game against tOSU, including the biggest blowout in Michigan's long football history. I could go on.

He is being paid 7 million a year to play 1950's Big Ten football. And yet, at the end of this season he will not be fired. And next season will be more of the same.

Ultimately, it's not a coaching problem. It's the Michigan Athletic Department, who are stuck on stupid.

"Jim Harbaugh Anticipates Few Changes at Michigan in 2019". Roll Eyes

https://www.mlive.com/wolverin...load-tighten-up.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justjoe,

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
So Michigan lost because it wasn't cold out...?

Or because they can't play with a SEC team...?

Big-Ten = Big-Disappointment thus far.

1) most likely. If you know anything about football, you know when it drops deep into the 60's you have to run between the tackles on every down.

2) No, just not that SEC team, just not today. Michigan is 25-11-1 against teams who are currently in the SEC. (I'm pretty sure that 11 of those losses were probably with game conditions in the +70's)

3) 2-2 so far, with teams that did not even sniff a conference title, excluding Michigan who sniffed it, but has no QB. So, I'll take it.

This is a BIG 10 thread so, I only explain my homer-based non-objectivity for your personal entertainment. Happy New year to you!