SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20 Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I hope Todd will forgive me posting this here, but there is a close connection to the entire Nebraska coaching staff, since they all came up from UCF.

QB, McKenzie Milton, has led the UCF Knights through TWO perfect football seasons. It is unknown, at this time, whether or not he can ccome back from this horrific injury.
That was hard to watch. Milton has a at least 1 surgeries and countless hours of rehab ahead of him. I wish him well.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. Go Bucks!! What a victory.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Gee maybe someone was over rated. Both Michigan and OSU.

How so?

I think he is trolling. Some people think every SEC team is better than all other teams.

I think you’re right.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
O-H!

I-O!

———————————————

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, so now what?

Did the committee get the excuse they look for to eliminate the BIG from the play-offs?

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas@Last:
Ok, so now what?

Did the committee get the excuse they look for to eliminate the BIG from the play-offs?
tOSU's only chance is to curb stomp #19 NWU in the Big Ten Championship. To be clear that is 50+ points offense, give up single digit points, and at no point be behind. It's still a slim chance.

They'll also need some outside help such as:
  • Tonight - USC beating ND, SC beating Clemson, A&M beating LSU.
  • Championship Weekend - Clemson losing, Oklahoma losing. ND doesn't play one which is both good and bad.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 357fuzz:
    There is plenty of rivalry here where IA and NE meet. Not as hatred like OSU and MI or the Alabama and Auburn rivalry but, it does get heated. There is history between NU and Iowa but, after a long long hiatus it is slowly being rekindled.

Being an ISU guy and raised in Iowa a I will side with NU any day over the puke Squakeyes!!!

Right now the “rivalry” feels a bit forced, similar to Nebraska’s “rivalry” with Colorado, after the Big 12 ended the legendary rivalry with Oklahoma. Real rivalries aren’t created, they develop organically. This one has a chance.

Iowa and Nebraska seem to have the prerequisite inherent animosity already. I’ve always thought Iowa had a very “eastern” feel to it, from the lower speed limits to the wandering rural roads, while, growing up, we used to say, “Nebraska, where the West begins, and the East sorta’ peters out.”

quote:
    I can see the border cities in the two states having a rivalry, but what really makes a rivalry game is when people in Sidney, NE, and Davenport, IA, are just as into the game.

I don’t know what to say to this. Folks across Nebraska are into EVERY game as witnessed by 56 years of sellouts. A lot of western Nebraska Husker fans travel to Lincoln for games. There’s a slightly higher level of interest for Iowa, but nothing approaching Nebraska/Oklahoma; I tend to think there never will be, but then “never” is a long, long time. It might well be that Wisconsin becomes Nebraska’s real rival. The Huskers have some things to fix before any team feels like Nebraska is a worthy rival for THEM.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    I think he is trolling. Some people think every SEC team is better than all other teams.

Nope. Both teams lack consistency. OSU nearly losing last week to Maryland for example. Clemson not an SEC team would beat both of these teams. Notice I did not mention Alabama.

Clemson has had an easy schedule. Look it up.

———————————————

Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Texas@Last:
    Ok, so now what?

It's not an excuse, it just the facts.

Two teams, generally inconsistent and underperforming with some very close wins against no-names.

Ohio has a slim chance but will need help as well as to crush Northwestern. Some semblance of a defense is a must.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by TMats:
    quote:
    I can see the border cities in the two states having a rivalry, but what really makes a rivalry game is when people in Sidney, NE, and Davenport, IA, are just as into the game.

I don’t know what to say to this. Folks across Nebraska are into EVERY game as witnessed by 56 years of sellouts. A lot of western Nebraska Husker fans travel to Lincoln for games. There’s a slightly higher level of interest for Iowa, but nothing approaching Nebraska/Oklahoma; I tend to think there never will be, but then “never” is a long, long time. It might well be that Wisconsin becomes Nebraska’s real rival. The Huskers have some things to fix before any team feels like Nebraska is a worthy rival for THEM.
    I get that Nebraska folk are into every game, but to really be a rivalry Iowa folk in every region of the state need to be equally into this game.

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Two teams, generally inconsistent and underperforming with some very close wins against no-names.

Someone said it for me.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

Someone said it for me.

Ditto

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    Well Hornibrook sure stunk it up.

Saw this tweet...sums it up pretty well:
    quote:
    Congratulations to the Minnesota Golden Gophers and Alex Hornibrook on defeating the Wisconsin Badgers.

14 consecutive years, the Bunyan axe has remained in Wisconsin. Until now that is.

Gophers hadn't beaten the Badgers at Camp Randall since 2003. So much for that streak.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Though I have often rooted for him, I never was sold on Hornibrook.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

Someone said it for me.

Clemson sure is having trouble with a horrible South Carolina team.

———————————————

Facts are stubborn things
    Picture of armedprof
    posted Hide Post
    "Requests:
    Keep this thread about the Big Ten teams & players, the weekend’s Big Ten match-ups and opponents, kudos for Big Ten players/coaches/administrators, and Big Ten conference champ predictions.
    If you’re a fan of a team from another conference, join in for some good-natured ribbing when your team plays a Big Ten team. Otherwise, please start a thread for your favorite conference.
    It’s just a game so let’s keep the ribbing good-natured."

It would be nice to follow the rules - ZSMICHAEL RHINOWSO...

RHINOWSO - Ohio is a University in Athens, Ohio. It is about 100 miles southeast of Columbus and is not Ohio State nor is it in the Big Ten, nor is Ohio ever in contention for a playoff spot....

Ohio State played the best game of the season in the only game that counts. Go Bucks.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Michigan- Ohio State is no longer a "rivalry." It just isn't. tOSU has won 14 of the last 15 meetings, including the last 7 in a row. Harbaugh has never beaten them, being 0- 4.

It's hard to even asses the beat down yesterday. 62 points is the most any team has ever scored against Michigan in regulation-- ever. The "best defense in the nation" gave up 567 total yards!

To me, the most embarrassing aspect of the ass-kicking was Harbaugh's inability to make any changes. It was clear early in the first quarter that Michigan's plan to run between the tackles was not working. Yet they stayed with it for all but 3 minutes of the first half, and went back to it in the second half. For this kind of moronic field generalship, Harbaugh is paid millions a year.

In contrast, Meyer tore up Michigan's pass defense with crossing routes-- as Indiana had done the week before. When Don Brown finally adjusted after halftime, Meyer threw brand new shit at them in the second half! Michigan was so outcoached it hardly seemed like a fair fight. It was like The Cub Scouts take on Seal Team Six.

If Harbaugh had any integrity, he would offer his resignation after that fiasco. Let the Michigan Athletic Department decide whether to accept or not. But of course he will not. And next year, "the big house" will be crammed to capacity, and, if Meyer is still at tOSU, he will once again hand Harbaugh his ass.

Where's the "rivalry" in this rivalry?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Week 13 Wrap-up - Saturday Edition:
    Very interesting Rivalry Weekend with quite a few unexpected outcomes:
  • #4 UofM @ #10 tOSU at 11:00 on Fox - Vegas certainly had this game as wrong as I did. In case you were sleeping under a rock, tOSU played its best game of the season and the offense tore up UofM's vaunted defense, and tOSU's ordinarily shaky defense dominated the second half. It was actually a pretty even game in the first half, but it was tOSU early and often in the 2nd half. More in the kudos section.
  • Purdue @ IU at 11:00 on ESPN2 - As predicted Purdue won and covered. Purdue's offense (more in kudos) scored a consistent 7 points per quarter and their defense bent but didn't break (gave up a lot of yards "bending"). I don't have any stats on penalties, but IU's penalties certainly seemed to help Purdue's O keep drives alive and help Purdue's D end drives. IU QB Ramsey is only a sophomore and he's already pretty good. Hats off to IU for 5 sacks.
  • MD @ #12 PSU at 2:30 on ABC - I was correct on PSU winning but very wrong on them failing to cover. PSU's D followed the tried and true formula of preventing the run which leaves MD with an anemic offense. One of those games where everything ends up in the kudos section.
  • IL @ #19 NWU at 2:30 on BTN - I was correct on NWU winning, but wrong on them covering. Kind of a ho-hum performance by the Big Ten West champs facing an inferior cross state rival so not much goes in here or in the kudos.
  • MN @ WI at 2:30 on Fox - I was wrong in all of my predictions (WI winning, WI covering, and Taylor will get more than the 131 yards needed to have a 2000 yard season). I only caught bits and pieces of the game, but MN looked like the MN Purdue saw when their D shutdown the Purdue O and ran over their D. No flashy statistics by the Gopher O, but I'll explain why in the kudos. Lots to say about the Gohper D in the kudos.
  • Rutgers @ MSU at 3:00 on Fox - I was correct on MSU winning and failing to cover (seriously, how could 5 odds services "think" they could score 25.5 to 27 let alone that be the margin of victory?), but wrong on MSU's D shutting out Rutgers. Rutgers was in this game the entire time (a rarity) as they lead at the end of 1st, were tied at half-time, and halfway through the 4th quarter were leading 10 to 7. Good decision by MSU staff on finally not starting the injured (passing shoulder) Lewerke, but a questionable decision letting him throw a pass as field goal placeholder which resulted in an INT.

Kudos:
  • tOSU's offensive line. They nullified the vaunted Wolverine pass rush and gave up zero sacks and zero hurries. That gave Haskins time to have a huge passing game. Additionally, they dominated the line of scrimmage on the run allowing for 249 yards rushing and 2 rushing TDs.
  • tOSU's defense. They put good pressure on UofM's QB with 3 sacks and 2 hurries which paved the way for 2 INTs. Additionally, they held UofM to 161 yards rushing and nobody got 100 yards.
  • tOSU's QB Haskins. He tore UofM up with 19 completions for 318 yards and 5 (not a typo) TD passes. Additionally, he ran for another 34 yards. On top of that he had zero fumbles and zero INTs. The sophomore had a huge game in front of a national audience.
  • Purdue QB Blough. What a way to finish his last game ever against intrastate rival IU! He completed 27 passes for 310 yards, threw 3 TDs, 1 INT, and 0 fumbles (impressive since he was sacked 5 times).
  • Purdue true freshman WR Moore. Rondale had 12 receptions for 141 yards and 2 TDs, rushed for 13 yards. One of the intangibles he brings is he is so strong, fast, and elusive that IU like many other teams kick short punts, kick punts out of bounds, and kick away from him on kick-offs.
  • Purdue RB Jones. He's Purdue's "other" hard running back and normally the more elusive but man did he lower his shoulder a couple times running and receiving to put the hurt on the IU defender. He had 95 yards and 1 TD on 11 carries, and caught 2 passes for 25 yards.
  • PSU's defense. Total domination. Held MD to 74 yards rushing (quite a contrast to what they did to tOSU the week before), had 5 sacks, held MD to 185 yards passing, and only gave up a FG.
  • PSU's QB McSorley. On 12 completions he had 230 yards passing and 1 TD. He also rushed for 64 yards and 2 TDs. On top of that he had 0 INTs and 0 Fumbles.
  • PSU's offensive line. They paved the way for 310 yards rushing, 4 rushing TDs, and gave McSorley plenty of time except for 1 sack.
  • NWU's defense. They held the Illini rushing attack to 154 yards and 0 TDs, and made the Illini pass (aka a tried and true winning formula). They snagged 1 INT, and managed a little bit of pressure on a very mobile QB registering 1 sack and 2 hurries.
  • NWU's RB Bowser. On 18 carries he had 166 yards which paved the way for others score.
  • MN's defense. They held the nation's leading rusher to 120 yards and 0 TDs, held the rest of the team to 50 rush yards and 0 TDs, and snagged more INTs than they allowed passing TDs. They helped Hornibrook have a QB rating of 20.9 which is worse than his ordinarily pathetic 44.2 for the season.
  • MN special teams. They returned a punt for a 69 yard TD, they kicked 3 field goals and made all 4 extra points. Special teams alone would've beaten WI.
  • MN coaching. PJ Fleck and staff just plain out coached WI. Their team was better prepared, they had a better game plan, and they certainly made a better decision on starting QB (WI playing Hornibrook registers a very loud WTF. He's had a shitty season, and been on concussion protocol 4 out of the last 5 weeks).
  • MSU's D. They only gave up 109 yards passing and 108 yards rushing, snagged 2 INTs, and only gave up 1 TD. They certainly put their team in a position to win.
  • MSU sophomore RB Cody White. He only had 1 carry the entire game but made it count with a 22 yarder for a TD. He also was their 2nd leading receiver with 4 catches for 44 yards.

•  
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

Someone said it for me.

Yeah but they won and haven't lost this season. Can tOSU say the same (and I'm not a Clemson or Bama fan).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:

Someone said it for me.

Yeah but they won and haven't lost this season. Can tOSU say the same (and I'm not a Clemson or Bama fan).
    You're not posting in the right thread. Give the off topic shit a rest.