SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I had my time in the ER last night with chest pain. Update on page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had my time in the ER last night with chest pain. Update on page 3 Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
I arrived on the east coast after a two day drive. About three hours to my destination, after grabbing some lunch, I started to feel an unusual pain in my upper middle chest. I'd never felt it before and it got a bit worse as the drive went on. There was a tight feeling too and when taking a deep breath I noticed it more.

When I got here, I drank some baking soda and water to try to get some gas up, but that didn't help. I figured I better not mess around with chest pain and went to the ER.

When I got there there was no wait and they took me right in. First off was an EKG; results good. Next they took blood and then did a chest x ray. After a wait time, got results from them and all good. Talked with the doc a bit and he gave me the okay to leave.

After a two day drive and the prospect if losing my job very soon, I'm chalking it up to stress and anxiety and maybe some indigestion. He did suggest I see my GP when I get home and perhaps a cardiologist to keep an eye on things.

Before I left they did the cautionary covid swab up the nose...damn! They said they'd call if results were positive. No call thankfully.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear your ok. Chest pain should always be taken seriously.

Posts: 72 | Location: Delco and LBI | Registered: April 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm glad to hear it wasn't too serious. I'm sorry to hear though that your job may be in jeopardy. Still sailing? With the ups and downs with the oil market, things have been rocky with our ship contracts as well. Our company has ben laying up a lot of ships. It is worrisome indeed.

I'm praying things work out for you. Take care.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, fellas.

As for the job, I think it might just be my time to hang it up. I'll be 63 in October and am in pretty good financial shape. I've been planning for this time to come and I think I'm ready. Could be a psychological challenge though.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you're not posting from a hospital room. Start taking better care of yourself, and make a commitment to doing that if you haven't already.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it wasn’t anything serious, and all the best with your job decision.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for the job, I think it might just be my time to hang it up. I'll be 63 in October and am in pretty good financial shape. I've been planning for this time to come and I think I'm ready. Could be a psychological challenge though.

^^^^^^^^^
Some of us need to work for own sanity. Phased retirement works for many.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I think you were smart to go, even if they didn't find anything serious.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Hey 6 - glad you went to the ER and got good answers.

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
As others have stated you did the right thing by going to the hospital.

2 years ago, one evening, I had shoulder pain, and elevated BP. I have hypertension, so I figured it was merely a case of high blood pressure and didn't go to the hospital. But I took a lot of BP meds, and what scared me was blood in the stool when I went to the toilet.

Next day, called my doctor, explaining what happened, they told me to go to the ER ASAP.

I did, turns out I had a heart attack. The symptoms were nothing like what I've been told to expect. No damage was detected, I was very lucky and stupid.

I am wishing the OP the best.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are A-ok.

I've got two of your water color paintings hanging up in my office by the way.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Congrats on going to the ER even though they say that nothing found.. Maybe a wakeup call . Stay healthy. ................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
You did the right thing, they did the right thing. It’s their job to make the decision.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I’m glad it wasn’t anything serious. Best wishes for better days soon my friend.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smart move 6guns, if you can get out, go! Stress is bad for those of us with bad tickers.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Glad you're results turned out ok. I had something similar happen last summer right before vacation. Went to medstat, they sent me to the ER. I was an agreeable patient and let the doc do all the tests he wanted to do...5 hours and $12,000 later ($6k out of pocket) they cut me loose with some muscle relaxers and ibuprofen and told me it was either an aggravated cervical disk or a pulled chest muscle. I just about had a real heart attack when I got the bill. Would have been cheaper to just die.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
very glad you are ok.

sorry to hear about potential job problems

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Did they check for a Potassium deficiency? It can mimic a heart attack and can be dangerous. I hope you are all right!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Good to hear it wasn’t anything life threatening.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Thanks, fellas.

Glad to hear your ok, and it's best to be safe than sorry. I'd suggest given what you've said, to find a 3 day a week part time hobby job......something that's fun and interests you and keeps you busy a few days a week and piss away money......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post