SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I had my time in the ER last night with chest pain. Update on page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had my time in the ER last night with chest pain. Update on page 3 Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hey there, glad you are doing ok and it was not anything serious.

You absolutely did the right thing by getting to the Doc and checked out.

If I were you, I'd yank the eject handle and enjoy every second of retirement.

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Pain is one thing , but couple that with pressure like someone is standing on your chest ...make the call .

Now that you've mentioned this, having had a stroke that intensely affects my left side, especially my left arm and hand, I can't feel hardly anything, I always wondered if I did ever have a heart event if I could feel the pain that radiates down the left arm as described by heart patients.

My best description of the way my left arm and hand feel is like a over-stuffed bag of sand so I was curious. Not anymore, the pain had no trouble radiating down the arm, felt like painful electricity.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homie:
Did they check you for blood clots?
Did you tell them you were driving
across the country?

That's a good question. I did tell them I was driving all day, but blood clots didn't come up in discussion, though the doc may have thought about it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Ed, once the weather turns, we'll have to grab a cup sometime. Hope to be active at New Buffalo IDPA this year depending on the job situation. As suggested by several, maybe I'll bale early.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think you were lucky.... when I went to the ER just about 2 years ago with pretty much the same symptoms... the first person to attend to me spent less than 20 seconds and cut all my clothes off... it was an interesting ride after that....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by homie:
Did they check you for blood clots?
Did you tell them you were driving
across the country?

That's a good question. I did tell them I was driving all day, but blood clots didn't come up in discussion, though the doc may have thought about it.

That's interesting too. Makes me wonder if you had DVT.

https://www.notimetowait.com/d...l_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

WHAT ARE SOME SYMPTOMS OF DVT/PE?

Symptoms of DVT can include:

Pain
Swelling
Tenderness
Redness of the skin

Symptoms of PE can include:

Difficulty breathing
Chest pain or discomfort
Faster than normal or irregular heartbeat
Coughing up blood
Low blood pressure, light-headedness, or fainting

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Update.

After visiting my GP upon my return to the midwest, he recommended I see a cardiologist, which I did. He recommended I take a stress test to rule out any possible problem....which I did on Thursday. Well, apparently there is a problem as my heart beat didn't return to baseline properly and he said that could be an indication of a partial blockage. Well, I'm schedule for an angiogram tomorrow at noon and that should get to the bottom of whatever is going on. If there is a problem, I hope they can fix it right then and there. Damn thing is, I feel fine and last week I was on the bike path jogging 3 miles. (He said don't do that anymore...until we check you out Big Grin )

So, hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll be posting with positive results and be over this odd chapter in my life.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Hoping for all the best. Please keep us posted.

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I hope it's just stress!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you.

I had my second heart attack last week. After a catherizarion, found out I have so many blockages in my heart arteries, by pass surgery is not possible.

Cardiologists are now trying using medications

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After visiting my GP upon my return to the midwest, he recommended I see a cardiologist, which I did. He recommended I take a stress test to rule out any possible problem....which I did on Thursday. Well, apparently there is a problem as my heart beat didn't return to baseline properly and he said that could be an indication of a partial blockage. Well, I'm schedule for an angiogram tomorrow at noon and that should get to the bottom of whatever is going on. If there is a problem, I hope they can fix it right then and there. Damn thing is, I feel fine and last week I was on the bike path jogging 3 miles. (He said don't do that anymore...until we check you out )

^^^^^^^^^^^^
You can have a partial blockage and feel fine. Keep us posted.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

My best to you, Sunset_VA!

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Thanks, guys!

My best to you, Sunset_VA!

Thank you. My advice is now you know you have a problem, seek medical help asap.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
After visiting my GP upon my return to the midwest, he recommended I see a cardiologist, which I did. He recommended I take a stress test to rule out any possible problem....which I did on Thursday. Well, apparently there is a problem as my heart beat didn't return to baseline properly and he said that could be an indication of a partial blockage. Well, I'm schedule for an angiogram tomorrow at noon and that should get to the bottom of whatever is going on. If there is a problem, I hope they can fix it right then and there. Damn thing is, I feel fine and last week I was on the bike path jogging 3 miles. (He said don't do that anymore...until we check you out )

^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's right, yes you can feel fine with a blockage.

I was feeling just fine, no issues at all, none. That's important, remember that, more info coming next.

In 2010 I was taking a routine physical at the Doc's office. Since I was over 50 he decided to run an EKG. Doc came back in and said it "didn't look right".

He gave it to me and told me to go visit his friend the Cardiologist. I drove over, handed it to the Cardiologist, he read it and said "Your EKG looks fine to me, why are you here?" I told him to call his buddy, the Doc who gave me a routine physical.

Cardiologist said to go down the hallway and get another EKG on their equipment. I did. Cardiologist said it looked fine. He did his poke and prod and listen procedure, said I seemed to be perfectly normal.

Then Cardiologist asked if I'd ever had a Stress Test. No I have not. He scheduled it.

I had the Nuclear Scan and Stress Test and was informed I passed it. YEA!!

2 evenings later I got a phone call from the Cardiologist that I had not passed the Nuclear Scan and Stress Test. I fussed back at him saying I had been informed I had passed it just fine. We talked for a few minutes and then told me that he wanted me to be at the hospital in 2 days for a "look and see".

I was very skeptical, because I felt just fine, no issues, but I decided to follow the Cardiologists request.

When I woke up from the "look and see" (Doc went up through my groin area) he informed me that my Widow Maker (Left Anterior Descending) was 80% blocked and thus he put a stent in me. Then he told me I was lucky to find the blockage early and get it taken care of. Fortunately I never had a heart attack.

I'll repeat that: Doc told me I was lucky the blockage was found before I had a heart attack and got it taken care of. I never had any symptoms of anything, none at all, although I had a 80% blockage.

Men, and Ladies too, don't screw around with any symptoms that you may have, immediately go to the ER and get checked. Screw the money, pay it. Live. Don't die. And if you're over 50 or so, talk to your regular Doc and go from there.

Best wishes to all y'all.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
"What is the most common first presentation of heart disease?...it's sudden death (~30%)

Dr. Peter Attia and Dr. Ron Kraus

https://youtu.be/AtqzKuGhYzk

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Last Thursday i took my first ride with Loudoun EMS.

My atrial fibrillation came back two months ago and has been going into hyperdrive, resulting in me looking like I was having a serious cardiac event. I was pale diaphoretic and nauseous with pain in my chest and shortness of breath. All are classic symptoms of a serious cardiac event.

Thankfully the emergency department check me out and came to the conclusion that it was my AFib resulting in decreased cardiac output. See my cardiologist Wednesday. I think I'm looking at the wrong end of pacemaker, but we'll see. Glad to know your event wasn't something more serious.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you!!

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Last Thursday i took my first ride with Loudoun EMS.

My atrial fibrillation came back two months ago and has been going into hyperdrive, resulting in me looking like I was having a serious cardiac event. I was pale diaphoretic and nauseous with pain in my chest and shortness of breath. All are classic symptoms of a serious cardiac event.

Thankfully the emergency department check me out and came to the conclusion that it was my AFib resulting in decreased cardiac output. See my cardiologist Wednesday. I think I'm looking at the wrong end of pacemaker, but we'll see. Glad to know your event wasn't something more serious.

Damn, I hope my AFIB doesn't come back to bite me! How long did they have yours under control? For me it's been a little over 2 years. I have a pacemaker/defibrillator that hasn't kicked in since my first event, hope it stays that way!!

Saying a prayer for all those with heart conditions!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's right, yes you can feel fine with a blockage.

I was feeling just fine, no issues at all, none. That's important, remember that, more info coming next.

In 2010 I was taking a routine physical at the Doc's office. Since I was over 50 he decided to run an EKG. Doc came back in and said it "didn't look right".

He gave it to me and told me to go visit his friend the Cardiologist. I drove over, handed it to the Cardiologist, he read it and said "Your EKG looks fine to me, why are you here?" I told him to call his buddy, the Doc who gave me a routine physical.

Cardiologist said to go down the hallway and get another EKG on their equipment. I did. Cardiologist said it looked fine. He did his poke and prod and listen procedure, said I seemed to be perfectly normal.

Then Cardiologist asked if I'd ever had a Stress Test. No I have not. He scheduled it.

I had the Nuclear Scan and Stress Test and was informed I passed it. YEA!!

2 evenings later I got a phone call from the Cardiologist that I had not passed the Nuclear Scan and Stress Test. I fussed back at him saying I had been informed I had passed it just fine. We talked for a few minutes and then told me that he wanted me to be at the hospital in 2 days for a "look and see".

I was very skeptical, because I felt just fine, no issues, but I decided to follow the Cardiologists request.

When I woke up from the "look and see" (Doc went up through my groin area) he informed me that my Widow Maker (Left Anterior Descending) was 80% blocked and thus he put a stent in me. Then he told me I was lucky to find the blockage early and get it taken care of. Fortunately I never had a heart attack.

I'll repeat that: Doc told me I was lucky the blockage was found before I had a heart attack and got it taken care of. I never had any symptoms of anything, none at all, although I had a 80% blockage.

Men, and Ladies too, don't screw around with any symptoms that you may have, immediately go to the ER and get checked. Screw the money, pay it. Live. Don't die. And if you're over 50 or so, talk to your regular Doc and go from there.

Best wishes to all y'all.

Also, if your cardiologist checks you during your yearly checkup, and dismisses you, if your blood pressure is okay, find another cardiologist.

美しい犬

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Glad you are getting treatment. Some years ago I had a strange feeling in my upper chest and went to the Er. Blood test indiated heart problems so I was admitted and had an angiogram. Next morning was operated on and got a quadruple bypass. Since then I've had AFib and now take meds and have a pacemaker (no defibrillator). Surgeon who did the bypass said I was having an attack while he was operating, but no damage.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post