SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tiger Woods in serious roll over accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger Woods in serious roll over accident Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
https://sports.yahoo.com/tiger...ident-193504493.html

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
His agent is saying multiple leg injuries, currently in surgery. He just had another back surgery recently. I hoping he can pull through this and recover.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry I’m going to be a hard ass here. I respect his ability to play golf. But other than that, does he have any real merit as a person? Why does this make the new vs a neighbor who might experience something similar? I’d probably care more about my neighbor’s case. If he is a proponent of freedom and the constitution, that’s one thing. If this is just another celebrity in an accident, I’m not sure I care. Especially if he’s pro biden or BLM or whatever.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
Wreck is pretty far off the road. DWI?

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I’m sorry I’m going to be a hard ass here. I respect his ability to play golf. But other than that, does he have any real merit as a person? Why does this make the new vs a neighbor who might experience something similar? I’d probably care more about my neighbor’s case. If he is a proponent of freedom and the constitution, that’s one thing. If this is just another celebrity in an accident, I’m not sure I care. Especially if he’s pro biden or BLM or whatever.

Do ya really gotta go there? Eek

I'd say C'mon Man but that saying is taken by Bite-me.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was there an angry woman with a gold club in her hand seen fleeing the area?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lakeray:

Wouldn't be his first. His last was in 2017 and he pretty much had the kitchen sink in his system. But - at 7am you have to be a pretty hardcore addict.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You’d think a guy like that would have a driver.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Dumbass should’ve hired a driver years ago. Thankfully no one else was injured by this idiot.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
You’d think a guy like that would have a driver.
I see what you did there. Wink

This could easily be the end of his career. His body has been failing him for several years now and your legs and back are very important to golfing.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just read alcohol was not a factor.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

Wouldn't be his first. His last was in 2017 and he pretty much had the kitchen sink in his system. But - at 7am you have to be a pretty hardcore addict.

I've been to Rancho Palos Verde, a country club from the 1920's. The dining room is open to the public for lunch, BTW. It is on a very high and steep point overlooking the channel islands. Beautiful. The roads are steep and curvey. He was traveling down. Looks like he went down an embankment.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

If this were Tom Brady, it would be news.
If this were Michael Jodan, it would be news.
If this were Clint Eastwood, it would be news.

That's the world we live in.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
That SUV is trashed! When the engine leaves the vehicle, that’s some serious shit.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
That SUV is trashed! When the engine leaves the vehicle, that’s some serious shit.

At first glance it does look pretty trashed....significant forces to that front end but overall not so bad....the car is totaled but the passenger compartment is pretty much untouched....A,B and C posts intact, roof line not buckled and no intrusion into passenger compartment....they said they used the hurst tools to extricate but from what I’m seeing is they probably just cut the windshield out and extracted him through there....unless his legs were pinned, I see no evidence of hydraulic tools being used

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Woods, the only occupant of the SUV, was transported to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center by ambulance to be treated for "moderate to critical" injuries suffered in the crash, the Los Angeles County Fire Department told CNN. His injuries are not life-threatening, and it is believed he was conscious at the time he was extracted from the vehicle, LASD lieutenant Michael White told KCBS-TV.

Woods was reportedly "travelling at a high rate of speed" when he "lost control of the vehicle before crossing the center divider" with his SUV rolling multiple times, law enforcement sources told the Los Angeles Times.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf...-damage-in-accident/

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Just read alcohol was not a factor.

Pain meds possibly? He is just coming off of back surgery after all.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
(Replying to gcode)
True, I didn’t see any evidence of door/posts being thrashed with hydraulics either.
(If they did, that was the easiest door pop ever)
They might have used a ram to push parts away from his legs to clear the extrication but they certainly didn’t cut the frame and/or peel the roof to open it up.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Sorry for any thread drift, but does anyone know how long airbags stay deployed? Typically you think impact, they deploy, and then they're deflated. I've only seem them deflated at an accident scene. Seems like that might not be too much help if you're in a rollover lasting seconds.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Poor fellow!

I hope he can recover without too much pain.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post