SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tiger Woods in serious roll over accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger Woods in serious roll over accident Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
KOGO 600 am is quoting the LASD that Tiger was going too fast, hit the center divider, bounced to the right then over the side he went.

Par for the course when driving to fast.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I hope he was clean, alert, driving the speed limit, and recovers fully. I don't like the guy, but Rush's passing and the glee exhibited has taught me something about humanity.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I respect his ability to play golf. But other than that, does he have any real merit as a person? Why does this make the new vs a neighbor who might experience something similar?

Oh, I dunno... Maybe cuz the neighbor is just somebody and Tiger Woods is a well-known sports celebrity? Just a wild guess, mind you.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
At first glance it does look pretty trashed....significant forces to that front end but overall not so bad....the car is totaled but the passenger compartment is pretty much untouched....A,B and C posts intact, roof line not buckled and no intrusion into passenger compartment....they said they used the hurst tools to extricate but from what I’m seeing is they probably just cut the windshield out and extracted him through there....unless his legs were pinned, I see no evidence of hydraulic tools being used

That was my first assessment as well. I've done a lot of roll over extrication's and never left a vehicle that intact. I reasoned later that it's possible they cut the steering column and removed him through the windshield as noted.That would be pretty quick.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.si.com/golf/2021/0...car-accident-updates

In a news conference Tuesday evening, Alex Villanueva of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department said Woods first appeared to make contact with the median and then went across two southbound lanes. The car landed several hundred feet from the road, hitting a curb and trees as it rolled multiple times. A prybar and ax were used to remove Woods from the windshield.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Woods's injuries include a shattered ankle and two leg fractures, one of which was compound.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
...L.A. County Sheriff's Department said Woods first appeared to make contact with the median and then went across two southbound lanes. The car landed several hundred feet from the road, hitting a curb and trees as it rolled multiple times. A prybar and ax were used to remove Woods from the windshield.
"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them- maybe you can hire The A-Team."

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I hope he was clean, alert, driving the speed limit, and recovers fully. I don't like the guy, but Rush's passing and the glee exhibited has taught me something about humanity.

Same here. I'm sick of people cheering for death.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The speculation in here is a hoot. Crashes of all sorts occur all over the place at all times of day for all sorts of reasons.

Perhaps waiting for the investigation to be completed and results to be released (if they are) is the more prudent path than declaring that since it happened at 7 AM, or only involved one vehicle, or the guy has a prior impaired driving conviction, or any of the other red herrings mentioned, that something is up.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He should have used a driver.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Is that a Caddie?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it landed in the rough, he may want to take a drop versus trying to play from there.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said, my feelings exactly.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I have never driven in California but I have been on mountain roads where even a moment of distraction could lead to an over the side roll over type crash.

Tiger has had quite a few back issues and several surgeries. I hope he recovers.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Is that a Caddie?

He killed a Caddie when he ran into a tree in 2017.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I didn't like the old Tiger but the new Tiger the last few years I did like.

I read they put a rod and pins in one of his legs so I am guessing this is a career ender.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

As if professional drivers don't get into accidents.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

As if professional drivers don't get into accidents.

I think the joke went a club length over your head....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Genesis suv built by Hyundai.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:

Well said, my feelings exactly.

There is a thing in our country where people root to see people fall. Then later redeem themselves. It's a very strange phenomenon of hate and vitriol. I see it with Tom Brady. Fucking guy just keeps ignoring all the hate, including questions before the SB about his MAGA hat in 2016, you know 5 years ago, one single time in the locker room, and keeps pounding it forward.

I watched the recent Tiger Woods documentary and his father really fucked him up and set some real bad examples being a cheater, womanizer, and a drunk. Tiger had some real issues from childhood which resulted in all that cheating mess he got himself into. And the main issue was the public on his ass 24/7. I couldn't imagine that kind of pressure that everywhere you go, anywhere, mobs of people. The public pressure must have been immense.

I hope he comes through this and returns to the courses. He's got a couple of things left he can do to surpass the most wins and the most majors. I understand what he went through as a child and the Freudian fuck his father did on him. Best wishes to the guy. Apparently a shattered ankle and tib/fib break. That's an awful lot. I've seen some of my favorite motorcycle racers go through the same thing in a fall and they get back on the bike but for a golf swing, +1 year minimum. With his existing back issues and surgeries, not looking good.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
Woods is a seriously flawed man...

Please... feel free to show me a man who isn't flawed. I'll wait. I'd like to meet him.

I hope the best for Tiger.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post