SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tiger Woods in serious roll over accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiger Woods in serious roll over accident Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
as lbj wrote,

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...ds-car-accident.html

Dr. Anish Mahajan, the acting chief executive of the Harbor-U.C.L.A. Medical Center, said in the statement that both bones in Woods’s lower right leg, the tibia and fibula, had been broken in multiple places and were “open fractures,” meaning they pierced his skin.

Dr. Mahajan said doctors had “stabilized” the breaks by placing a rod into the tibia. He said that additional bones in Woods’s ankle and foot were also injured, and that they were “stabilized with a combination of screws and pins.”

The statement did not describe any injuries to Woods’s left leg, though Osby, the county fire chief, had said earlier on Tuesday that Woods had serious injuries to both legs.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yikes...

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
A lot of questions should be answered when we find out why he was on the road by himself at 7 a.m. Could be innocent circumstances but it does seem odd.

Huh? The report was that he was going to some meeting, but what is odd about being on the road alone at 7:00 a.m.?

While he was an incredible golf talent, I was never a fan. I didn't care for his on-course demeanor, and he didn't always treat fans well. (I don't care too much about his personal life because it seems irrelevant.) Still, I wouldn't wish this on anyone and hope he recovers.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
A lot of questions should be answered when we find out why he was on the road by himself at 7 a.m. Could be innocent circumstances but it does seem odd.

Huh? The report was that he was going to some meeting, but what is odd about being on the road alone at 7:00 a.m.?

Check the time stamp. My post was well in advance of the reports you cite.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
He should have used a driver.

As if professional drivers don't get into accidents.

I think the joke went a club length over your head....

Dammit

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
What are the odds he was texting, driving, and hit the median.....

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

While he was an incredible golf talent, I was never a fan. I didn't care for his on-course demeanor, and he didn't always treat fans well. (I don't care too much about his personal life because it seems irrelevant.) Still, I wouldn't wish this on anyone and hope he recovers.
My thoughts exactly. Never cared for how het treated people, I got to see first hand how he treated kids asking for an autograph, but I wish him no ill will and this accident is terrible. With the amount of force he generates with his legs when he swings I doubt he will play again, although I won't rule him out. At this point I hope that he can walk normally again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Maybe, but he hit the median, then crossed two oncoming lanes of traffic and hopped another curb and down the embankment.
We were actually there this weekend, and it's not that fast of a road. I believe 35mph through there, but maybe 45. Seems like he covered a lot of space for just looking down at a text.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Maybe, but he hit the median, then crossed two oncoming lanes of traffic and hopped another curb and down the embankment.
We were actually there this weekend, and it's not that fast of a road. I believe 35mph through there, but maybe 45. Seems like he covered a lot of space for just looking down at a text.

Not if you lose control and panic or react incorrectly such as by over correcting.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Not if, as the Sheriff said, he was “going at a relatively greater speed than normal.”, either. Catch the curb, blow the tire, and that’s all she wrote. It’s certainly not inconceivable he was trying to text and not just glancing at one, since he was running late.

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Check the time stamp. My post was well in advance of the reports you cite.

Maybe we're missing something here, the report is the accident happened at 0710 PST.

I personally know lots of people (including myself) who are on the road, alone, at that time (and even earlier). For that matter, most everyday and at all times of the day/night people in CA drive solo.

Maybe that's just a cultural thing unique to SoCal?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
No, it’s not a SoCal thing to be on the road at 7am driving alone. There’s nothing the least bit suspect about it and certainly no questions arise because of it that don’t arise at other times of the day. It’s not like it happened 15 minutes after bar time.

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
If he had a 10mm he could have fired it and reversed the rollover and put himself back in his own lane.

Fans of the 10mm say it can do everything.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
That SUV is trashed! When the engine leaves the vehicle, that’s some serious shit.

I didn't see evidence of the powertrain being ejected. From a photo on DailyMail, looks like he was traveling northbound on Hawthorne Blvd, crossing into oncoming traffic lane and then rolling over in the hillside. I can't tell if it's uphill or downhill, but you'd have to be traveling at an excessive speed and hit something rather firm in order to eject the engine.
Anywhooooo.

Look again. When they picked it up with the crane there’s a VERY large empty gap between the front wheels with a couple hoses hooked up to nothing.

@Russ, after getting a better look from a different camera angle, it does look like the engine is still there.
It seems like it’s shoved back a ways leaving the empty space I was talking about. Possibly could explain his R ankle/lower leg injuries. (My Tundra crash test revealed possible toepan intrusion in the small overlap test)
For some reason, I can’t find a crash test on a GV80. Plenty on the G80 but my google-fu could be weak today.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of golf; however, we could use a bit of inspiration in this nation so I’m rooting for Tiger to pull a Ben Hogan.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of ways to be impaired at 7:00 in the morning. I'll make you a bet he was texting.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Texting, adjusting the radio, playing with the tech in the SUV, sleepy, anxious
because he's late... a lot of things could be in play. Fact of the matter is HE errored and had an accident.

As to his demeanor and his fan interaction... Yep, he's turned into a real SOB. I doubt he will recover to the point he will ever be competitive which, despite his assholeisum, is rather sad. I'm pretty sure spectator golf would not enjoy the popularity is has today if it weren't for Tiger.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It is equally likely that he swerved to miss an, or several animal (s) and lost control.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Tiger suing Genesis (Hyundai) in 3...2...1.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
..spectator golf would not enjoy the popularity is has today if it weren't for Tiger.

I've golfed and watched golf many decades. I'll suggest golf was booming as Woods showed up on the scene. I'm sure he brought a lot to the game but it was doing fine without him.

Yes, he did bring a lot of money and attention to the game but along with the good was the bad. There was too much expectation, overbuilding of courses led to many future failures. Nike put a ton into equipment, whether they actually made or designed it. They now just sell golf apparel. They weren't alone in overestimating how big golf was thanks solely to Tiger Woods.

The golf industry believed too much of its own Woods hype and now pays a price.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post