SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Life Questions Make You Ponder?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Life Questions Make You Ponder? Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
Just like the title says. What life questions make you ponder?

Feel free to be serious or just kid around. Also, feel free to solve other poster's pondering. I'll go first.

Looking forward in life is more valuable than looking at the things behind. That is why your rear view mirror is smaller than your windshield.

If it is punishable by law to harm or kill an unborn child, why is abortion legal?

Why is donating to Black, LGBTQ, Feminist, fill-in-the-blank, causes celebrated as diversity, when donating to white causes is racist?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Was Higgins really Robin Masters?

Was Bosley secretly Charlie?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If the Universe is expanding, then what's outside the Universe?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Does consciousness exist after the body dies

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

God is bouncing it around. Smile

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Was Bosley secretly Charlie?

No, John Forsythe was Big Grin. Besides, didn’t Bosley talk with the Charlie in the presence of the three women?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
What disinfects the Lysol spray button?

Posts: 1288 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If humans evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
As I read these, I’m imagining them in Steven Wright’s voice...

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Does consciousness exist after the body dies

Well, not if you are a Bible reader.

Psalm 146:3,4 -"On that very day his thoughts perish."
Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 -"The dead know nothing at all."
Ezekiel 18:4 -"The soul who sins is the one who will die."

Some may disagree, and that's fine.

H&K-Guy

posted Hide Post
Is the stupidity that is so plainly evident in our country these days, actually increase?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do people give answers when someone asks for questions? Wink

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
If abortion is murder, is wearing a condom kidnapping?

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Why do people ponder life questions? Smile

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Why do people ponder life questions? Smile

HA!!! Good one.

H&K-Guy

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Is it OK to put milk in hot mint tea?

Should I spray weed killer across my brick walkway in the autumn to keep weeds from growing in the spring? Or is it a waste of spray?

The Chinese guy (no english, 50 years old, from the home country) delivering menus took a long lascivious look at the huge grey porch cat living out front. Should I assume the Chinese guy wants to turn Hey Cat into a meal for eight?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
If humans evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Humans did not evolve from apes.
There are apes and humans because humans and apes both evolved from a common, now-extinct creature that preceded both.

There are, however, newer species that evolved from older species that still exist because evolution doesn’t necessarily work like baking a cake and one form must stop existing before the new one arises. That sort of thing can happen when a particular species spreads across a large area, but then one part of the population is physically separated from the rest by the rise of sea levels, mountain uplifting, etc. That separation can result in the evolution of a new species without the extinction of the original. Humans could have evolved from apes that way, but we didn’t.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If M&Ms melt in your mouth and not in your hands, what do they do in your armpits?

quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

In all seriousness, I have asked myself this question more times than you can count. Sitting aside a campfire looking up at the Milky Way and thinking to myself, what's outside of this...and what's outside of that...and what's outside of that? Etc....

Sometimes, I guess, there are no answers.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Why is the Second Amendment treated as the bastard step child of the Bill of Rights?

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

No, John Forsythe was Big Grin. Besides, didn’t Bosley talk with the Charlie in the presence of the three women?

Bosley/Charlie could have had John Forsythe impersonate Charlie.