SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Life Questions Make You Ponder?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Life Questions Make You Ponder? Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Oh come on, no one has even mentioned the greatest unanswered question of all time:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Lolly Pop?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Why is the Second Amendment treated as the bastard step child of the Bill of Rights?

Compared to, say the language for the Second Amendment supporting the right to bear arms, what is the exact constitutional basis/language supporting abortion rights?

(I support fully a woman's right to choose, but I typically throw the above back at folks who get uppity about parsing the meaning of a "well-regulated militia.")

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Folgers Classic or Folgers Black Silk?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Oh come on, no one has even mentioned the greatest unanswered question of all time:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Lolly Pop?

Anyone who ever saw the television commercial from the 70s knows it only takes three.

Why isn't the opposite of overwhelmed, whelmed?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One concept of the reincarnation of souls is that after something dies it comes back higher or lower on the scale of things based on its previous life. For example, if a person behaves badly, he could come back as a dog, but if he behaves virtuously, a peasant could come back as a rich noble or perhaps a well-off merchant. My question concerns the many people near the top of the hierarchy like rich nobles, princes, etc. who behave very badly and we assume are going to pay for that bad behavior after they die. To have gotten to that high position on the reincarnation ladder in the first place, though, they presumably had to behave well through a long succession of lives as they moved up from one to another.

Not all beliefs about reincarnation include that concept of moving up or down the scale of lives, but some do. My question, then, is why? Why would someone who had behaved well time after time to reach that exalted level suddenly start behaving like a right bastard when he should have the least reason to do so?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
as crazy as it sounds i often wonder what animals are thinking

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
as crazy as it sounds i often wonder what animals are thinking

I don't believe it's crazy at all. Although not at the same level as humans, it's obvious that many animals think, and it's natural, I believe, to wonder what and how.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
How do you throw away a trash can?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
If the Universe is expanding, then what's outside the Universe?

Just last night watched the SCI channel on Black holes and the big bang "Inflation" theory if I got that right. Says everthing we perceive of as space and matter was in that infinitesimal small point of everything. They don't know what caused it to expand but basically it was stated. All space was included in that original point.So in effect when it inflated in many trillions X trillions of a second it was able to exceed the inside space speed of light in inflation........ The guy stating it says it's hard very hard to imagine.
PS forgot the original question. Whats outside the universe? Nothing at all

Another site of "Theory"

https://wmap.gsfc.nasa.gov/uni...e/bb_cosmo_infl.html

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Fleas
Mosquitos
Ticks

And the emotional roller coaster women must endure during:
PMS
Periods
Pregnancy

Why Good Lord, why?

Posts: 2854 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's easy.

A whole lot of not universe.

A three of my imponderables:

1. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always had a hard time considering infinity!! One can go straight up and never have to stop going in that direction.......there is no end!!......Really???

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do we park on the driveway, but drive on the parkway?

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Seek not to know the answers, but rather only to understand the questions.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Here's a little more serious one. If an intelligent design created life on Earth, why are there creatures like earwigs, various biting flies, chiggers, scabies mites, mosquitoes, lice, disease-causing viruses and bacteria, etc.?

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tinyman:
If abortion is murder, is wearing a condom kidnapping?

Snerk!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
How do they keep glue from sticking to the inside of the bottle?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is life ?

how did God came to be and if he just came to be then on what vacuum did he exist in and who made that vacuum ?

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Life after death ?

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
If M&Ms melt in your mouth and not in your hands, what do they do in your armpits?

quote:

In all seriousness, I have asked myself this question more times than you can count. Sitting aside a campfire looking up at the Milky Way and thinking to myself, what's outside of this...and what's outside of that...and what's outside of that? Etc....

Sometimes, I guess, there are no answers.

Stephen Hawking remarked in his book, A Brief History in Time, “In this way, Edwin Hubble worked out the distances to nine different galaxies. We now know that our galaxy is only one of some hundred thousand million that can be seen using modern telescopes, each galaxy itself containing some hundred thousand million stars.”

So, what’s beyond all of this?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post