SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Life Questions Make You Ponder?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Life Questions Make You Ponder? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
In creation theory, who created the creators?
In big bang theory, what was before the boom?

Big bang theory: And the Lord said 'Let there be light." and BANG! it happened! Wink

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Why is the Second Amendment treated as the bastard step child of the Bill of Rights?
Because it is the only one that has the potential of preventing the destruction of the others--the only one with any real power (Mao: "Power comes out of the barrel of a gun."

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
In the word "scent", is the S silent, or is it the C?

If we come from dust, and return to dust, if I dust my furniture am I actually just disturbing departed old friends who are trying to hang out and relax with me?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Ok, seriously, I wonder if when we die and go to heaven do we get to know how things were in history and can we see those kinda things? Like you could go back to Ancient Greece and watch the city states fight each other, or could you go see DaVinci draw his vitruvian man...

What? Wait: no seriousness allowed, even if the question was serious.

I knew a former nun who was looking forward Heaven for that very reason. She believed that that would be part of the entertainment of being there, i.e., to be able to look back in history to observe everything that ever happened. I’m not sure where that concept originated, but perhaps it was with the early Christian theologian Thomas Aquinas who believed that part of the enjoyments of paradise would be to watch the sinners being tormented in Hell.

In any event, I have often pondered that idea as I have other religious beliefs. My question about the idea is whether there are any limits to what could be observed from Heaven. The DaVinci example is a good one: If we could see him working on his art and science when in his residence by himself, could we see everything else he was doing in private? If so, and assuming that he is also in Heaven and aware of what other people there are doing, what would he think of that? I know that I’m not going to be there worrying about such things, but if I were, that would take the shine off the entire heavenly experience for me.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
All right, "Why a duck" ?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
All right, "Why a duck" ?

I'll go one further-

"Why a platypus"?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Why do we dream and what do dreams mean, if anything?

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
HAMLET: To be, or not to be: that is the question:

So what is the answer.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
If matter is made of atoms...and atoms are electrons orbiting a nucleus.

Why is it then two objects touch, the electrons don't collapse upon their respective nuclei and all matter collapses in a giant chain reaction...?

Because there is an incredible amount of space between atoms, and between the electron clouds around nuclei and the nuclei themselves, plus very strong forces at work that make gravity look like a gossamer bungee cord.

To compress them and overcome the forces at work, you'd need a tremendous amount of energy.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post