SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a good online fake Christmas tree store?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a good online fake Christmas tree store? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
My wife says we are getting a new fake Christmas tree. Real is not an option.

Are there nice online stores for this? I’d rather not have to visit every store in 3 counties comparing.

Our last came from Costco. It was really nice for a fake tree but it is really heavy. I store it in the garage attic. It’s starting to smell like old plastic.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
balsamhill.com

Not sure about their prices.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
costco.

and they are all freakin' heavy...in fact, mine gets heavier every year!

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Costco, yeah I know you have one, Big Grin

link

Hmm they have a Tree Duffel, might have to order one of these..

If you feel like stepping up the tree game

Frontgate Tree Link

Posts: 23239 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Amazon.com

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wayfair.com

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
balsamhill.com

Not sure about their prices.

I second this. My wife is a Christmas Tree snob. Every year we would spend anywhere from a half to an entire day driving from lot to lot, opening trees for her inspection. Once we got it home, she would spend a few days decorating it. And by Christmas it was always droopy and it made her sad. But she was never willing to go artificial.

Then her friend got a Balsam Hill. And she saw it, and loved it. So last year my wife got a Balsam Hill, and she could not be more happy.

Now, I will warn you, that tree cost what a nice Sig P226 would cost. But I figure with what we were spending on live trees, plus the hassle, as long as this thing last me 3-4 years, I will end up coming out ahead.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
We were looking to replace our worn out tree after Christmas last year. We stopped by Hobby Lobby the week before and they had a close out on their trees. We got a magnificent floor model 7' tree last year at 1/3 price. Really looking forward to putting the tree up early this year.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can get a fantastic tree online. Looks, convenience, quality.....but you will spend about 50% of the cost of your house. balsamhill.com

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happens to be in my wheelhouse. I am an importer for Christmas decorations to the North American and Central American markets. I would suggest you check out Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. It is in your area, so shipping cost should be relativly reasonable. They are good people and the business is based on good wholesome values. They have everything that you could wish for to decorate for Christmas.

Eta: they are in Frankenmuth, MI. If they don't have what you want, feel free to email me at my profile email and can point you in some other directions.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.scentsicles.com

You could try these. They make the house smell like a real tree is there.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife bought a Balsam Hill tree a few years ago & it's about as nice as they get. They're not inexpensive, but it's well made & I expect it to last a long time.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We purchased a Balsam Hill tree and wreath several years ago, we've been very happy. Well built and as life like as possible.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
We purchased a Barcana when we lived in the Dallas area in 1992, and it has served us well ever since. Very realistic and expensive even back then.

Great service, too, as in 2005 or so I managed to break the stand, called them up wanting to order a new one. They asked me the model # and said we'll send it out today. Stand arrived 2 days later...no charge! Wow, I was impressed.

https://barcana.com

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Mrs. M-11 decided last year it was time to stop cutting our own. So, the day after T-Day we started looking. She found one she thought was perfect at Michael's and it was 40% off! Surprised the hell out of me; I was looking for a long haul search of disappointments. After Christmas we went back and got another to keep as a spare at 60% off.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Frontgate

Hey, you said "nice". Bring a checkbook.

In all seriousness, we've gotten some wreaths, lighted garland, etc. from them and it's all held up really well and is nice quality, looks great. I'd never priced their trees before, but I am sure they too are nice. They occasionally run good sales, but probably not this time of year on those!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’ve actually been looking at the Balsam Hill trees. They aren’t cheap, but hell...the real ones get more expensive every year. Last years 6’ tree that was tagged 6 1/2’ to 7’ because of that little thingy sticking up at the tip was nearly $185. Two to three years of those and you’ve bought a Balsam Hill tree.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post