SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'temporary shed' security???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'temporary shed' security??? Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
Planning install of prefab 10x16, have choice of doors/windows/etc.

Amazing variety of choices, currently considering
1) 6' barn-door for easy loads/unloads. Has primitive lock system could be upgraded somehow;

2) no man door needed;

3) some windows desirable, such as 3/0x1/0 slider opening to limit unauthorized incursions/snooping; probably one on each side at 5' eye level.

4) probably some degree of insulation. Spray foam installers estimate ~1200 for R13 equivalent in vaulted barn roof & walls.

Inevitable man cave conversion potential.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'd sure install a personnel door. That will allow you to latch/lock the "barn doors" from inside, which offers a whole lot better security. And 10x16 isn't very big.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
good point on the lock, will have to explore further options;

appreciate the ideas

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post