SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dem Rising Star Stacey Abrams Calls for Revolution Against Whites
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dem Rising Star Stacey Abrams Calls for Revolution Against Whites Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I think he's baffled that pie is round and cake is square.

My dad used to drag the old 'pie are not round, Pi R squared ' gag out at every opportunity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
If they try to turn this into a South Africa type fight I will defend myself and family. I need to rotate my ammo supply anyway. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
He’s studied cake for years. While it’s possible to have it and eat it too, you and most of the rest of us are too dense to understand the nuances of such a concept.

Thanks a lot, I spit Mountain Dew on the screen! Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
My take is this:
Identity politic is destroying this nation. A war, likely a guerilla/terrorist one, will likely escalate the divide. It may get violent.
If the government man comes for my guns, we've lost and the US is doomed.
We should be vigilant to protect our rights. To hopefully prevent this, how is unclear.
I had to read it several times but I think that's the gist of it.

I would like to add that I believe all youth should serve for two years after high school. Military, peace corp, etc.

Make them a good citizen who knows what it means to serve and a lot of this crap will sort itself

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
He’s studied cake for years. While it’s possible to have it and eat it too, ...

Somebody, I recall not whom, any more, pointed out it is possible to have your cake and eat it, too. That what you can't do is eat your cake and have it, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, no we have it wrong... In parts of Utah:

"You can have your Kate and Edith, too".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I get the impression he wants to have his cake and eat it, too, and that's just not gonna work in this forum.
Although I agree, the original version of the phrase was "eat your cake and have it, too", not the other way around.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And a hundred years ago, there were no antibiotics, but that changed. Things change. Change changes things by changing them.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, so here's the deal, TheShootist. You are not to create any new threads of this nature in this forum. It's ridiculous for you to lay down all this pedantic bullshit and then fail to be clear about what you are saying.
You are not to presume that you are in a position to lecture the members of this forum about the Constitution. You are welcome to be a member here, but your lecturing days in this forum are over. Anyone who presumes to take on such a role here needs to make their remarks clear and unambiguous, and you can't seem to do that.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Never seen anyone self qualify as the absolute irrefutable truth as much as the OP. Good thing he wasn't banned, that'd be akin to banning god.

Only thing better than getting the word straight from the man himself, is being able to understand it.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In this forum, we speak plain fucking English.

Try it. You'd be surprised at all the bullshit you can cut through with plain speaking.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I think he's baffled that pie is round and cake is square.

My dad used to drag the old 'pie are not round, Pi R squared ' gag out at every opportunity.
I always heard it as "Pie are round; cornbread are square".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
NPR had the owner of Dicks on thismorning. That guy spouted the "I own guns and understand the second amendment" nonsense of what I'd call a Fudd. Follow that up with the "no one needs assault rifles."

Our friend here, who should come and explain himself, seems like another stripe of Fudd to me. He may not intend it that way, but the way he's been speaking about the Second Amendment is divisive and exclusionary.

He seems obsessed with the Militia portion of the 2A, to a point that is unhealthy, frankly. At the very least, he has seemed to do what a lot of Leftist do, which is:

Let me tell you my position and that I'm awesome

Let me tell you your position

Your position is wrong, and you're a bad person

I'm smarter than you, maybe you can understand if you try hard, and you might be as good as me some day

My moral high ground is unassailable by any means

When really, we should be promoting the rights of all gun owners, in any positive way. We should look for ways to come together as a group, not divide ourselves into hunters, target shooters, survivalists, preppers, reenactors, collectors, plinkers, historians, constitutional scholars, etc.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...050072354#4050072354

He's so special.

He's so special, I'm about one angstrom from pulling the plug on his special ass.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Being so supar smert iz a boordin Roll Eyes

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I see that you logged onto the forum last night, Mister Fucking Fabulous. Making your rounds on all the forums to straighten out all the clueless dolts. What, no more lectures?

Come on, you're a COMPSTITUTIONAL SCHOLAR, ain't ya? You should be laying down the truth- as only YOU know it- to all we simple-minded yokels. We're lost without your conceited horse shit, man. You gotta save us from ourselves.

BTW, it's pronounced mil-eh-tee-uh, not mil-ish-uh, duh. Hell, even we know that. Roll Eyes

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Disappointing.

If he can't be bothered to engage here, how is he an ally against the Left?

It would appear my initial assessment was correct, in that he's a Fudd. An intellectual snob of a fudd, above and disinterested by the unwashed, who he will speak down to from on high but not associate with.

Mr. Shootist, sir, I imagine you're reading this. If you're an advocate and an ally for the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms, you have not demonstrated such with your absence from this thread. Certainly as time passes, it isn't going to get easier to both state your case and maintain a reputation here.

Put in the simplest terms, if you assume that most people on most gun forums are intellectually below you, you're already on your way to being a leftist. We can all read your enthusiasm for the first part of 2A, which I believe is actually a weak position. I'd be happy to debate such. As I'm sure would others.

But, apparently we're all dumb and don't rate your participation. In a thread you started. In which we can make assumptions you don't have the stones to clearly state, or stand behind.

I hear Dicks is hiring. They don't want regular people to have guns either. You'd like it there.

Arc.