SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Army surplus experts. What constitutes "very good condition"???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army surplus experts. What constitutes "very good condition"??? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I figured I'd ask here first since there's a ton of knowledge on almost any subject here.

Long story short, I recently ordered some army surplus bunny boots on eBay. I paid a boatload justbro get them out to where I live. They were listed as "very good condition". I knew they would be used but when I opened the box I was wondering if it was some sort of joke.

Firstly, it's not even a matching pair of boots, not even from the same era. One is all yellow and cracking on the toe while the other is white. They are both thrashed to the point I wouldn't even be willing to pick them up at a garage sale for 20 bucks. Both of them are cracking and peeling, there is uneven wear (since they aren't even a pair and one boot is considerably older than the other).

The labels on them are completely different (same brand but different styles) which makes sense since they aren't even from the same batch or era or whatever you want to call it.

Im dissapointed to say the least. What would you do if you were me? Demand a refund and they pay shipping? Leave a 1 star review? Call their store?

Like I said, I knew they were surplus, but they were listed as "very good condition" AND THEY ARENT EVEN A FRICKING MATCHING PAIR!!!! How can this place think they should have sent these out the door, I don't believe for a second anybody would be happy with these for a hundred bucks and I certainly don't believe anybody would ever walk into their store and choose this "pair" of mismatched boots.

Anybody have an experience like this?

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's bogus. I'd talk to them politely about the inaccurate grading (cracking/peeling) and how they're not even a matching pair. If they won't cheerfully refund your money, dispute through eBay. Ebay has a reputation for siding with the buyer on issues, I think they'll take care of you.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Protest to Ebay.
If you paid with Paypal, they will assist a redress.
Good luck.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Protest the sale through Ebay. Very good condition is lightly used with no visable repairs.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Dang brother , contact ebay.... Merry Christmas!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not an expert but I will offer an opinion:

think of a scale from 1 to 10 ... with 1 being 'trashed / barely serviceable' with 10 being pretty much brand new / apparently un-issued.

I would expect 'very good condition' to be like 6 or 7 on that scale. Sadly, I don't think yours are anywhere near 'very good'.

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
army surplus bunny boots

is this the seller? if so it says money back if returned in 14 days you pay shipping as part of the deal..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Mi...5738.m4383.l4275.c10

Posts: 23239 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Screw that, tell them they can send you another pair consistent with the auction description. If they want the 1st pair back they can email you a prepaid shipping label. If they don't agree to those terms file a complaint with EBay and PayPal.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
File a dispute with eBay. As long as you follow the rules they specify, they will always side with the buyer.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
army surplus bunny boots

is this the seller? if so it says money back if returned in 14 days you pay shipping as part of the deal..

I'd be telling the seller they need to provide a pre-paid return label, dispute the charges on the credit card, AND initiate a protest.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
I'd be telling the seller they need to provide a pre-paid return label, dispute the charges on the credit card, AND initiate a protest.

Damn straight!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
army surplus bunny boots

no, its allegheny surplus out of PA.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
LOOK AT THE SELLERS REVIEWS....NOT A MATCHING PAIR! Eek

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/e...trkparms=negative_30

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I would pass on a seller with a mere 99.2% positive rating in the first place.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post