SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kayak -- I'm sinking, I'm sinking!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kayak -- I'm sinking, I'm sinking!! Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Can put a garden hose in one of the hatches and fill the kayak with water? That would be one way to find any leaks. Once found, you could use a short hose to siphon the water out.

Posts: 10909 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Yea, I tried filling with water and couldn't find a leak.

And the kayak gets VERY heavy; even just half filled I couldn't tilt it to drain via the drain plug.

I'll keep trying - soapy water and filling sections. It's a slow leak but I just don't want it to get worse suddenly, especially if I'm in a bay rather than a lake.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Scupper holes act as load bearing points between the top and bottom. Without you sitting on it, it might not be flexing enough to open the crack.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post