SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HP windows 10 change password
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP windows 10 change password Login/Join 
posted
hp windows 10 owner died recently need password to access computer

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So you want to know how to hack into someone's computer.

And let me just say, that gets the award for the laziest post of the week.

Does it really take that much effort to punctuate and use proper grammar?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Try > HERE

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Try > HERE

I've been on google for a few hours with no luck. Thought I might get some helpful information here. I am only trying to help a friend.
Thanks, Jack

Posts: 360 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So you want to know how to hack into someone's computer.

And let me just say, that gets the award for the laziest post of the week.

Does it really take that much effort to punctuate and use proper grammar?

My post did not show. Only the title. Sorry about That. Guess I did something wrong. I do not post very often.
I used to be good at trouble shooting Windows, but I've only used Macintosh computers for the last twenty five years. Thanks anyway, Jack

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
If you end up having any luck or figure something out, please let us know. I'd be curious to know how to do it myself.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Google trinity rescue kit

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
What exactly do you need to access? You can get files off easily enough hooking the drive up to another computer...unless they're encrypted, in which case good luck. Hope the password was written down somewhere.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
There are ways ~ provided the volume is not encrypted (not likely for most).
MS makes a tool but it not available except for Volume License holders (not likely for most users).

Depending on what you want to do you could:
1) mount the drive in another computer and copy whatever data off you need
2) If you want to actually use the pc or access the PC there are tools (not free) from third party vendors.
3) Depending on your IT skills and the amount of effort you want to put in there are some hacks that have a varying degree of success.

I have access to the MS tool but I think the third party tool would be the best for most folks ~ just Google what works best for you.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Do some searching on OPHCRACK. Essentially one creates a boot CD/DVD of OPHCRACK. Insert the CD/DVD into the machine that you need to crack and boot from the CD/DVD. OPHCRACK will whirl and spin for a little while andl then spit out the IDs and passwords on the machine's hard drive. It works 90% of the time depending on the complexity of the password. Give it a try.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
What exactly do you need to access? You can get files off easily enough hooking the drive up to another computer...unless they're encrypted, in which case good luck. Hope the password was written down somewhere.

my friend was given two HP desktop computers because the owner died and no one in the family knew the sign in password. He would like to make use of these because they are windows 10 and only two years old. I was asked for my help because of my past experience with computers.
Thanks for your help. regards, Jack

posted Hide Post
Depending on what models of HP, most have a factory recovery partition.
Google the correct key sequence at startup (possibly F11 or F12) and restore to factory.
Just a suggestion.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've used OPHcrack before. If it can't give you the password, it has an option to erase the password so you can still log in easily enough.

OPHcrack is probably easier to use than Trinity Rescue Disk.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I just restored a Win10 laptop to factory this weekend and if I recall correctly, it had me enter a new password.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC, once I entered an incorrect password, W10 asked "Change Password?" on the Log-in page beneath the log-in slit.

I clicked on that, entered a new password and that was it. At the time I thought that it wasn't the safest of methods but it worked.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
If you don't need any of the data you can do a factory restore like PCWyoming mentioned. Pull the drive like others mentioned if you need to retrieve data.

If the user of the computer used a Microsoft account to login you will not be able to recover the password from the computer. You will have to reset the password on their MS account. If it's a local account you maybe able to retrieve it with software. OPH Crack will not work on Windows 10.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
You can burn a Hirens boot CD or bootable USB:
https://www.top-password.com/k...h-hirens-bootcd.html

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This brings up a point. If you're single, you should put your passwords in your will or trust document. In my case, only two passwords are necessary: The PW for my laptop, and the PW for my PW manager app, which would then reveal the dozens of PWs (and user names) for my accounts (and my iPhone).

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8944 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
After a successful reload - Check the Windows Old folder - all the User data is there if you didn't put it in a dumb spot.

Reloading is "Like a Virgin" and if you really want to perk up the effort - replace your HDD with a SSD.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack830:
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

my friend was given two HP desktop computers because the owner died and no one in the family knew the sign in password. He would like to make use of these because they are windows 10 and only two years old. I was asked for my help because of my past experience with computers.
Thanks for your help. regards, Jack

If it's just using them, and not data recovery, then the advice about trying a system restore is your best bet. Wipe them and start fresh.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post