SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stealth technology now obsolete?????
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stealth technology now obsolete????? Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted
China’s claim it has ‘quantum’ radar may leave $17 billion F-35 naked

CHINA claims it has a radical new ‘quantum’ radar capable of detecting stealth fighters at great distances. Does this mean our ultra-expensive new F-35 is obsolete, even before we get it?

http://www.news.com.au/technol...7d21a9f36e54b6f0fbab

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Yeah, like I'm going to believe anything China says. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If I really had this capability the last thing I would tell you is that I had this cababity.

But maybe that's just me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Maybe or maybe not. But it doesn't cost them anything to say it, does it?

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Emperor's new "Quantum Cloak" is exquisitely beautiful!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes. Like a firearm is useless because you might see it when it is pointed at you.

All such advancments in the World of Weapons Systems is limited in its effectivness and starts the road to obsolencence before the ink is dry on the drawing board.

You simply have to drive an anchor point now, with the best you have, and get it into service as fast as possible, bearing in mind the; sigmonkey 3E=4 fomula™.

Effecient
Effective
Economical

If it is those three, it will be;

Excellent. The fourth E.

Always strive for the fourth E.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's fine, don't worry. It will only work for 31 days and they will be screwed when Harbor freight tells them it's only a 30 day return window.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They would really only have something like that if we had it first so that they could steal it and copy it.
s.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Since nobody else has it and China only 'innovates' by stealing, I'm going to conclude that this is BS.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
China can't manufacture a gd Phillips-head screw that won't strip with more than 1.8 lbs. of torque applied. And they invented a radar that renders stealth obsolete??

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Since nobody else has it and China only 'innovates' by stealing, I'm going to conclude that this is BS.

I swear that the last thing China invented on their own was black powder.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
I swear that the last thing China invented on their own was black powder.

That's racist... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it is created by man, it can also be overcome by man. To paraphrase Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

All stealth technology does, is reduce the echo (RF signal) going back to the source. Improve the receiver at the source and less and less signal receipt is required to 'see'. I've seen some RF technology at the plain Amateur Radio level that is freaking cool. Now figure that the military is at least 15+ years ahead in what I have access to.

If I recall, the Czech's claimed to have tracked a F-117 over Bosnia back in the '90s. Again, just tweaking the receiver.

Also, even stealth aircraft cause 'atmospheric turbulence', which does differ at altitudes. Still, if we can detect wind-shears and other wind anomalies, we can't be too far away from detecting 'aircraft turbulence' at distance.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Akin to Regan telling the commies we were investing in SDI when it couldn't be done. But it made the commies invest heavily when they couldn't afford it.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
They're taking one out of NKorea's book and making fun and outlandish weapons claims? Lil Kim may not be happy about that.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hoo boy, they're pitching Reagan's Star Wars right back at us. How cute! Razz

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If I really had this capability the last thing I would tell you is that I had this cababity.

Bingo.

Besides, the only way that China could have developed such a thing is if someone else invented it and they copied it.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
China is full of shit.

They CANNOT innovate anything, all they can do is copy and imitate what others have done.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
China can't manufacture a gd Phillips-head screw that won't strip with more than 1.8 lbs. of torque applied. And they invented a radar that renders stealth obsolete??

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I knew there was a reason I saved this label from a parts kit:

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post