SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American Community Survey
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Community Survey Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
As some of you may remember, we were randomly selected to participate in the ACS approx. 5 years ago.

When I read the questions in the survey, I decided not to respond.

I am not a tin foil hat kind of person, but I would not share some of that information with my neighbors, and I like them.

Well what do you know, we have been randomly selected again.

We no longer have a landline, so I guess I will have to wait for the personal visits, of which there were three last time.

I am happy to tell them how many people live in this household and that is pretty much it.

I told them I would be happy to go to jail, rather than answer their questions.

Oh well.

I will provide updates. I may need bail money.................oh wait, no one has ever been successfully convicted for not complying with their request/demand.

Anyone else randomly selected recently?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
By ACS do you mean the national census?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am sorry, it is sent from
the United States Census Bureau.

Not the national 10 year census.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have never recieved one, sorry (probably never been in one spot long enough). But isn't the national 10 year one the only one you are legally required to respond to?

Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, yes, we are required to provide the number of people living in the home. I do not mind providing that information.

For any one unfamiliar with the ACS, please take a look at it on-line.

Like I said, I would not share some of that information with my neighbors.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wow. I just read it and I agree, many of those questions do not need to be answered. They ask a lot of info. Felt like I was filling out a mortgage application and a marrage license.

Here is the sample I was reading.

https://www2.census.gov/progra...res/2017/quest17.pdf

posted Hide Post
Never received it and they never called or showed up.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
They can pretty much put the ACS where TSDS.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
All you are legally obligated to do is answer the number of people living in your home. Fill that out and return it. You're done.

If you don't, they will badger you.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I've never gotten one of these. But my neighborhood has a problem with theft of mail from the mailboxes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The next census should be in 2020. Am I to understand these are put out by the Census Bureau, but during a non-census year?

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I don't think any of that is the governments business...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twice in 9 years. The last time I lost the questionnair. I got a call on my cell phone.

I told her the minimum and that's it.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Just answer your door in underwear, boots, and belt with a sidearm.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

I prefer the dress Blues blouse, corframs, and a light coat of CLP. Really sets the mood.

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why the underwear?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:

Except skip the underwear part.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I got one this yr too. Did not answer a lot of the questions either. Have not had any follow up calls or visits. They probably have all that info anyway, but I am not giving it to them!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is an older thread, but I just got the ACS, and I'm not doing it. How many people in the house, ages and ethnicity, I am OK with. How much my assets are worth? I don't think so. It feels like Antifa/BLM getting a list ready for civil forfeiture more then gathering info for future growth, as they are framing the need for this survey.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone answer more than what is required to take the census? None of the government's business how many flushing toilets I have or if I went to college. That info has no bearing on drawing Congressional districts or allocating House seats or EC votes or even federal dollars. I don't answer my phone for numbers not in my address book and wouldn't think of answering my door for unexpected visitors.

Talk about a never ending gov't. program. The Census Bureau has one job to do every 10 yrs. But they find as many ways as possible to spend as much as possible between each census. I used to work for a company that had a contract with them. They regularly put out press releases and reports on such vital data as Native American kids' favorite ice cream flavors. Such a sad joke. They should be open for about two years out of every 10.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought it's supposed to be naked, with a shotgun and an empty Vaseline jar.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post