SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Carpenters, I need your help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carpenters, I need your help Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
So it didn't turn out 100% perfect but it'll do. I hate painting.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Oh and my portable table saw's arbor is to small to accept dado blades so I had to do the dado cuts with a router and a dado bit. It was kind of a pain in the ass to do the longer cuts.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Nice finish job! Built-in shelves really tie the place together. I've wanted to make built-ins beside the meager 1920s fireplace here. There are windows framing the chimney, so they would have a super-deep sill. Perfect for some greenery.

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
I hate painting.

I live my the credo Caulk and paint make a carpenter what he ain't". Judicious application of the first and a calming curtain of the latter hide most of my errors. If you're drunk and missing one shoe when viewing my work, it almost looks square and level.

A few minutes ago I retrieved a small tupperware of semi-gloss and a brush. Still good it is after two years, for a little touch-up on the trim. The final feathering of my nest in preparation for ... who knows!

As much as I hate it, the stuff has its purpose.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post