SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AR parts production plant tour - some metallurgy content (if you're into that sort of thing)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR parts production plant tour - some metallurgy content (if you're into that sort of thing) Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Someone here will like this.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/9QM6-i3incg

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I love seeing how things are made. It also serves to remind me what a value some of these parts are 'cause there's no way I could make them at home especially the heat treating and tempering part. It also serves to show what steps might be skipped in lessor quality parts to save a buck.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Neat stuff!
Thank you for posting.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Really cool. Thanks for sharing!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Very Cool. Cool
Hand made in America by machines.
The metal nerd who comes in at 14:00 blows tech waayyyyyy over my head, but he does know his stuff.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post