SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shoe Laces That Don't Get Loose?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoe Laces That Don't Get Loose? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hickies. I have them in several shoes since I am too lazy to tie my shoes. Makes any shoe a slip on.
www.hickies.com

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Better Bow
https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/betterbowknot.htm

This starts as the standard shoe tie. Overhand knot, loop, then go around the loop YWICE. Learned this from a hiker when I could never get the round laces to stay tied.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I have two pairs of Dr. Scholl's oxfords for work that are quite comfy now with the new orthotic inserts but good Lord the doggone laces will NOT stay tight or tied!

Do they make laces that won't come loose so easily? I'm tightening and retying my shoes like 3-4 times a day it seems like. Confused

I have worn dress shoes for a long while. I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but the Berluti knot is hard to beat. It’s pretty much the best knot to tie with.
The guy in the video is a dickbag, but he has a good video tutorial. Hope this helps.

That said, a square knot tied correctly will do the job almost as well.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/kXHemBywew4

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
What's wrong with a quick double knot? Been doing it for years. You don't need to buy anything.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Wax glazed laces here

https://www.allenedmonds.com/s...ellers&sz=18&start=0

I prefer the flats for a dress shoe but only saw the boot version.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I switched out the round laces for flat laces. Helped some.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yooper beat me too it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wear cowboy boots. Wink

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Most people tie their shoelaces incorrectly.

I'd say this right here.

The ECCO's would never stay tied and I double tied them for years.
One day talking to the salesmen, this issue come up... sure enough, been doing it wrong for years!

Tried the correct way (just reverse the first or second part) and it worked like a champ. It is hard to re-train the habits after years of doing it wrong.
He said he has told people in their 80's.

Pretty common issue.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Quicklaces. I wear my Salomon XA Pro 3D every day and they slip on.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post