SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcyclists - Riding Gear Tip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcyclists - Riding Gear Tip Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
For fellow ATGATT types - Kevlar reinforced cargo pants with knee armor for $72!!

Brosh is an Israeli company that (among other things) sells Kevlar riding gear. They're a Supporting Vendor on the FJ-09 site I hang out on.

While I always wear a helmet, armored jacket and gloves, I've been putting off finding some summer weight pants due to cost. I do have a pair of Tourmaster pants but they're WAAAAY too hot for warm weather riding.

Give these things a look. I got a pair and I'm very impressed, especially at the price.

Fit - sizing is right on. I ordered their Size 38US. I wear 38 waist 32 inseam jeans and the cargo pants fit perfectly. Perhaps just a whisker long in the legs, but that's a good thing for riding and fitting over boots. 10/10 on the fit.

Quality - Initial impression of materials and workmanship is very good. Zippers and velcro closures appear to be of excellent quality. Sewing and seams all look good. Belt loops are well spaced and fit my gun belt well (I carry when I ride).

Comfort - Fit is generous in all the right spots, armor pockets and inserts work well. Very comfortable when seated, knee armor stays in place without any pressure points - basically goes unnoticed. Cargo pockets are well placed and roomy without being bulky. Likewise with the traditional front and back pockets. Weight seems a bit much as you handle them, but is not noticed when wearing them. Material seems quite wind resistant yet was comfortable in 80° weather.

Other - An unexpected benefit is that the material doesn't slide around on my Corbin seat like the regular denim jeans I usually wear. I expected the problem to be worse (in fact was a tad worried about it) not better. I feel much more planted in the seat. Kudos!

Brosh Kevlar Gear Have a look!

(I am not associated in any way with this outfit and receive no compensation from them)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I’ve been looking to buy a pair of riding jeans, but my past experience fit was always way off. Thanks for the share!

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post