SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA files for bankruptcy!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA files for bankruptcy! Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
Just saw a flash on Fox. Will update momentarily...

Here is the Bloomberg announcement..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...ankruptcy-protection

This article says it is moving its headquarters from NY to TX. I thought they were headquartered in VA...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-New-York-Texas.html

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6312 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Maybe that's why they've been so quiet the last few months?

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link from Reuters:
https://www.reuters.com/articl...-court-idUSKBN29K2LV

They state that they will reorganize as a Texas non-profit to exit New York

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw this on their NRAwebsite.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filing Chapter 11 and moving HQ to Texas. News on Reuters and Wall Street Journal.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Chapter 11 may have been necessary for them to break whatever contractual obligations they had that kept them shackled to New York. Getting out of there is a good move.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Maybe that's why they've been so quiet the last few months?

I've wondered about that. Not a peep.

We are going to need them when pedo jo and harris go full retard on guns soon.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Were going to need them

Pitter patter, NRA! Get after it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
If they’re in Virginia they need to get out of there too. That’s behind enemy lines.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
might be a way to get rid of Wayne as well

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
This article says it is moving its headquarters from NY to TX. I thought they were headquartered in VA...

I did too. Driven by the office building with their logo on it with their range and museum many times.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
While the NRA's headquarters is in Virginia, it was chartered as a nonprofit in New York in 1871 and continues to be incorporated in the state.

https://www.fox61.com/article/...68-9b4b-96c81d6618f9

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Reuters, Bloomberg, and Daily Mail are all poorly worded articles. The NRA is incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfax, VA.

Tons of older businesses were incorporated in New York. Then, the hot ticket was to be incorporated in Deleware. Now, there are a host of issues to navigate on where to incorporate such as formation fees, annual filing fees, taxes, legal system, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Cuomo made someone leave NY? It must be a day that ends in a "Y".

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
might be a way to get rid of Wayne as well

Hmm. Bankruptcy, contracts...that would be really nice.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a Life Member of the NRA for 57 years and am currently a Benefactor Life Member. Wayne has done some good things for the NRA and I thank him for his efforts. However he has been there a long time and some consideration has to be given to the level of incoming contributions necessary to sustain the organization. If it can't survive economically under four years of a Trump Administration, how can it hope to survive under someone more opposed to the Second Amendment? Most of us support term limits. How many years has Wayne been in his position? When one is a passenger on the Titanic, he should avoid chopping additional holes in the hull. If his leadership cannot raise sufficient funds for the organization to stay solvent he should step aside. He has to be aware that many people have said they will no longer contribute while he is there. I would hope he would do the honorable thing and do it quickly.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that if they'd stop sending out the full color glossy ads every other day, they could cut their operating budget in half. That, and unload Wayne. The NRA president doesn't need to be paid more than a monarch.

Someone pointed out to me a long time ago that a candidate who crosses the NRA, doesn't last long. Unfortunately, that seems to no longer be the case.

I remember in 2016 when the debates were on TV, my wife and I watched, and when Clinton made a comment about gun control, I told my wife that Clinton was done. She just lost...no matter what else she says or does. The second amendment barrier, guarded by the NRA, was long a main determining factor.

The NRA has fallen a long way. Leadership has a lot to do with that, as does being eclipsed by some of the other up and coming competitors.

Hopefully reorganization under bankruptcy will restore what was a strong lobby and an important pillar in the shooting community. Time will tell. But Wayne LaPierre has got to go.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the enemy will try and make the most of it but I am not that concerned.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
If his leadership cannot raise sufficient funds for the organization to stay solvent he should step aside. He has to be aware that many people have said they will no longer contribute while he is there. I would hope he would do the honorable thing and do it quickly.

The opportunity for him to "do the honorable thing and do it quickly" came and went a long time ago. Whether he's guilty of everything he's accused of or not, his leadership is clearly a liability to the organization, and if he truly cared about gun owners and our second amendment rights more than his own personal gain, he'd have stepped down already. Better late than never, though...if the move to TX is a way to get rid of him, I'm all for it.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I think the NRA does better when there's an anti-2A administration. The antis always overreach. For the last four years, the NRA didn't have much of a rallying cry. They weren't gonna do any better than Trump. Their alarmist article headlines and fundraising pitches didn't move people. I'm pretty sure Joe and the Ho will help the NRA's fundraising like never before. And there are a ton of new gun owners who won't want to give them up, and will turn to the NRA.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post