SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm ashamed to report that one of my pistols is lost/stolen, and I don't know how! *** UPDATE (p. 5): Major embarrassment, because I found it. ***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm ashamed to report that one of my pistols is lost/stolen, and I don't know how! *** UPDATE (p. 5): Major embarrassment, because I found it. *** Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
UPDATE:

After all that, I located the gun.

<SNIP>

Woo Hoo! OUTSTANDING!!!

My ~*~INSTANT KARMA~*~ offer still stands...

quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
~*~INSTANT KARMA~*~

NanoVault

I ran across an extra NanoVault mini gun safe the other day. It has a cable with a loop on each end to secure it to your vehicle. You run the cable around something secure in your car like the seat frame, pass one cable end thru the other attaching it to the anchor point, then just put the other end of the cable, the loose end, in the NanoVault when you lock it up and slide it back under the seat. This will all make sense when you get it. The model I'm offering will fit my P226 without and indication of damaging it. But, it just BARELY fits that large of a pistol.

With that said, If you would like the ~*~Instant Karma~*~ email me at Rotndad~AT~Gmail.com and put something in the subject line that I'll recognize as not spam and send me a shipping address so I can get it mailed out to you.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
UPDATE:

After all that, I located the gun.

<SNIP>

Woo Hoo! OUTSTANDING!!!

My ~*~INSTANT KARMA~*~ offer still stands...

quote:
~*~INSTANT KARMA~*~

NanoVault

I ran across an extra NanoVault mini gun safe the other day. It has a cable with a loop on each end to secure it to your vehicle. You run the cable around something secure in your car like the seat frame, pass one cable end thru the other attaching it to the anchor point, then just put the other end of the cable, the loose end, in the NanoVault when you lock it up and slide it back under the seat. This will all make sense when you get it. The model I'm offering will fit my P226 without and indication of damaging it. But, it just BARELY fits that large of a pistol.

With that said, If you would like the ~*~Instant Karma~*~ email me at Rotndad~AT~Gmail.com and put something in the subject line that I'll recognize as not spam and send me a shipping address so I can get it mailed out to you.

Rotndad, I will take you up on this Karma offer. Very much appreciated, sir. Cool

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I am glad you found it, and glad you made the stand up choice to apologize to the shop...

I had a similar instance with a repair shop, with a pair of sunglasses.

It was a pair of Oakley glasses, which are not cheap.

I brought the car in for some work (from a car accident) and couldn't find them.

After getting it back, I couldn't find the glasses...

I called and complained, and they reimbursed me for the cost.

I found the glasses almost a year later.

I went back to the shop and got hte boss and apologized. I offered them the amount the reimbursed me back, because I was wrong.

They refused to take it. I still feel bad and that was about 18 years ago.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Glad you found it
The older I get, the more things come up missing.
"Golden years" is BS.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The outcome is much better then the possibilities.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
If you contacted the dealership about this, write a note of apology to corporate HQ outlining the confusion and offering reasons why the dealership is exemplary.

Bring something to the dealership in question, lunch for instance.

People make mistakes, that's why pencils come from the factory with erasers on them.

It's not how you fall, it's how you get up again.

What he said. Making a personal visit to the dealership is the right thing to do. And you seem like the kind of guy who does the right thing.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you found it. It seems as we get older our memory is not what it used to be. With that said, I love to play hide and go seek on myself with my tools. I usually keep them in my shed but have been using them a lot lately while doing home improvements and sometimes forget where I used them last. That is when the hunt begins.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I needed some good news today

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Glad to hear you found it. It seems as we get older our memory is not what it used to be. With that said, I love to play hide and go seek on myself with my tools. I usually keep them in my shed but have been using them a lot lately while doing home improvements and sometimes forget where I used them last. That is when the hunt begins.
They make little tags that can be attached to things and triggered to make noises, enabling the objects to be found. Perhaps you should invest in a bunch of them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rotndad, I will take you up on this Karma offer. Very much appreciated, sir. Cool

If you emailed me a shipping address I didn't get it. I checked my spam folder and didn't see an email there either. Just shoot me an email at Rotndad@GmailDOTcom and I'll ship it out ASAP.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy you found it. Also be glad ( bend down and kiss the ground!) that you live in free America.
When I lived in New York reporting a lost pistol would result in revocation of your handgun permit and police confiscation of all handguns!

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine lost a pistol a couple years ago. Had it at the range, remembers it going in the range bag, gone when he got home. Only, only, ONLY explanation was he dropped it on the way inside and somebody snagged it. Searched and searched and searched, finally reported it.

Found it a year later. In the range bag still.

So it happens.

I lost my Glock 30SF once. Tossed it in an ammo can packing up from the range. Realized it was missing and started texting and calling folks. Just as I started to really worry, I remembered leaving it in the ammo can.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you found it

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post