SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New logo for my business.... opinions??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New logo for my business.... opinions?? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’ve had a girl working on this for a week or so for my Class III, FFL business. I’d like y’all opinions on it!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I like it, catchy name and easy to remember, has a patriotic look to it and I really like the crossed “sporting” rifles. Is the III to represent your class 3? Not to fill it up but what about 2A under the AR. Good job!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I like it!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. The III is actually there as a representation of the 3% ‘er movement... not the Class III part. I don’t think many will catch that, but it’s ok.

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
I like it, catchy name and easy to remember, has a patriotic look to it and I really like the crossed “sporting” rifles. Is the III to represent your class 3? Not to fill it up but what about 2A under the AR. Good job!

I, too, wondered if the III reps "Class 3" or does it rep the 3%?

I very much like 2012BOSS302's suggestion regarding adding a Second Amendment reference.

Also, what is special about the 15 stars? If nothing, then maybe you might want to consider making it 13 stars rather than the 15 that are there now, in reference to the 13 founding states.

Wishing you the best of luck on your FFL business, hope you make millions!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good idea with the stars! I like it. I’m ok with few people getting the “III” reference. It’s kind of a conversation starter.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I might just add something like a tag line under the logo that says “Shall not be infringed”, etc.

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Check Gunboards.com.
It's a site specializing in milsurp rifles and their logo features crossed rifles.
Just saying.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just saying is copyrighted somehow? Not sure what you mean.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Different rifles. I don’t see an issue.

posted Hide Post
I'd simplify it. Ditch the guns in the middle and just have the III.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Crossed arms have been used in heraldry forever and a half. You should be OK.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Something about the rifle in the back creates an optical illusion that makes it not look straight.

I don't know if it's possible for you to play around with the positioning and sizing to lessen that effect. The rifles are also not being held up at similar angles, or at least it doesn't look like it.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, okay. I need to get it on my computer (bigger screen).

To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of original flag 13 stars. What if the brown was blue sort of a Red White and blue color theme?

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

Agreed - the brown/red logo looks "off" somehow.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, 13 stars. Blue not brown. Adding 2A or shall not be infringed will just add clutter and distraction.

Is one rifle supposed to represent a musket?

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good to me.
not sure about the 3 though

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I see the empire's symbol from star wars.

To address aeteocles issue, the musket is too thin giving it the perception its further back. The thickness of the barrel should be closer to the barrel of the AR. Technically probably bigger since a musket ball is bigger than a 223. It does seem the angle is slightly off but I could be wrong.

Also not a brown and red fan thats just aesthetics and personal opinion. From a branding standpoint, i would pick red, white, and blue for a gun business, or perhaps the colors from my states flag. The 2A crowd is usually very patriotic so it only help it not hurts it.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I like the design but blue would be in keeping with the theme. I like her use of the firearms, going from the original liberty maker to the modern day.
Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post