SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another dog/puppy question, pet deterrent
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another dog/puppy question, pet deterrent Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
He is on a lead outside when we do training. Not on a lead the rest of the time. I have not gotten on a photo hosting site since photobucket. Can’t post pics yet.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
He's like a new dog.

Stopped at the pet store on the way home last night and bought a dog repellent that you spray on the beds which was totally worthless, he again scoffs at it. I also bought a can of "Behavior Correction Spray". Very short, loud burst of air which allegedly contains Pheromones to settle them down. Only had to use it 3 times. He is as good as gold now, all I have to do is tell him no and he walks away from whatever he's been getting into. I also give him a treat when he walks away.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
Yes, another Majenkir.

quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Actually his training is going very well, smart dog, very obedient when you can keep him focused.

Is this another Borzoi?

When you said "when you can keep him focused", it brought sighthounds to mind, and I remember you had the Borzoi before.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Glad you have found something that works. I suspect it's more the sound than the pheromones that are getting his attention. A quick shake of coins in a plastic bottle can be effective in a similar manner.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice pup! I think Borzoi's are one of the most beautiful and regal looking of the sighthound breeds. We have had several Ibizan Hounds, rescue Greyhounds, and two Irish Wolfhounds, but we've always lusted for a Borzoi. It's amazing to watch the sighthounds cover ground with their double suspension gallop. And they are gentle, clownish dogs, just not very much interested in obedience training. They tend to be independent and follow their own "plan".

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post