SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From 2017- Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From 2017- Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Senseless

Posts: 107471 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Now CNN's Dr expert is telling everyone that because rifles have longer barrels the bullets travel much faster. There is also a blast injury to deal with when a rifle is involved.

Where to they get these experts???

Well that wouldn't be the dumbest thing 'an expert' ever said on CNN.

The velocity thing I'm fine with - the 'blast' comment I am guessing the person was referring to yaw / fragmentation etc just not articulating it well. And of course when a high velocity projectile hits bone it can 'blast' the bone fragments into adjacent tissue so... again - not the worst description but I agree it does 'sensationalize' the effects of a common aspect of rifle fire.

------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What does it matter? In the scheme of what happened today, what does it matter what some yammering dolts say?

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
All this brings up a question that I haven’t been able to come up with an answer for.

If this nutcase had been able to kill five GOP Senators, what would the ramifications be in the Senate? Would everything come to a screeching halt until their replacement were sworn in or would the Democrats assume temporary majority until the deceased ones were replaced?

I don’t want to sound disrespectful or hard hearted but this could have been the outcome and I can’t find anything that would cover this scenario.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I believe replacements would be chosen per the law of the state (often the governor chooses someone to finish the term when someone dies or takes a job in the cabinet, etc).

Functionally, it wouldn't have done anything, because the Rs would still hold the power and just not call anything for a vote until they were ready.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Fuck that son of a bitch...fuck the left and anybody that supports them...this is what the leftist bullshit spawns...fuck them all...this is what they spawn, every..last..one of them!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
All this brings up a question that I haven’t been able to come up with an answer for.

If this nutcase had been able to kill five GOP Senators, what would the ramifications be in the Senate? Would everything come to a screeching halt until their replacement were sworn in or would the Democrats assume temporary majority until the deceased ones were replaced?

I don’t want to sound disrespectful or hard hearted but this could have been the outcome and I can’t find anything that would cover this scenario.

It depends. They would all have been Republican, so that would not be good.

Each state would fill the vacancy either by special election or by Governor appointment. 36 states allow appointment to fill the seat until the next general election. 14 states hold special elections. There are variances in details, timing.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I believe replacements would be chosen per the law of the state (often the governor chooses someone to finish the term when someone dies or takes a job in the cabinet, etc).

Functionally, it wouldn't have done anything, because the Rs would still hold the power and just not call anything for a vote until they were ready.

Not so. Whoever has the most votes controls calendar, committee chairmen, even office space.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

I just saw an update reporting it was actually a SKS with a scope...

I'd like to see a picture - might have been a 10/22 for all the media actually knows.

I heard an interview with a witness earlier in the day who said he saw an AK-47. May very well be an SKS.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
If you're Kathy Griffin right now, you have got to feel even worse than before because you have become the poster child of inciting hate crimes and hate speech.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
If you're Kathy Griffin right now, you have got to feel even worse than before because you have become the poster child of inciting hate crimes and hate speech.

I sure hope so.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

I sure hope so.

Nah! She has been victimized by the Trump family! Those evil R's are just getting what they've brought upon themselves. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Alleged shooter"...(I'm watching FOX)...again FUCK every one on the left...each..and...every...one!...
If I could snap my fingers make them ALL disappear...I would snap them twice to make sure I got them all Mad

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I suggest turning off the TV. Let's just take it easy.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
There’s one thing positive that might come out of this. Security at town hall meetings might become a lot less tolerant of belligerent protesters.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Yep Para..I just did this...thank you my friend, thank you! Calm Blue Oceans (shit I'm so upset I can't spell) Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I have hardly watched any TV coverage of this because it's all fake news and hysteria by Media jackoffs.
I have learned not to go back and drink from that well again.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Media Statement

June 14, 2017, 8:15 pm

Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding.

He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center.

He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates.

https://www.medstarwashington....scalise-update/#q={}

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Exactly what I did this morning after speculation, speculation, speculation, maybe it was an AR-15, speculation....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
It appears he is different and better.

ASHI (Japanese): 1. foot, leg 2. evil

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post