SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From 2017- Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From 2017- Virginia GOP baseball practice shooting: Multiple people shot Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
G'night.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Holding a good thought for those that were shot
The shooter being room temperature suits me fine

My one hope is all LEO's will start to carry SBR's and be better equipped, I'm hoping this wont happen again but I know better

Just cannot imagine going to play baseball and facing the horror of all this
When I went to play baseball 50 years ago the only thing I was fearful of was getting hit by the ball...
My how things have changed?

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
OK, I'm going to bed. Good night, one and all.

Sleep tight...don't let the bedbugs bite (God, what a horrible thought Eek)...tomorrow will be a better day...a much better day Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm also going to bed....but before I hit the sack...Fox is talking about the shooting...

MSNBC and CNN is yacking on and on about Russia and the President...

Kinda telling ain't it!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
If you're Kathy Griffin right now, you have got to feel even worse than before because you have become the poster child of inciting hate crimes and hate speech.

I sure hope so.

I imagine she's looking over her shoulder a bit more too.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
If you're Kathy Griffin right now, you have got to feel even worse than before because you have become the poster child of inciting hate crimes and hate speech.
Actually, if you're Kathy Griffin, my bet is you're praying to whatever god you pray to thanking him for inflicting this mental midget on the 24 hour news cycle, bumping your name and face out of the crosshairs.

Prayers and best wishes to all those shot and recovering, as well as for their families.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Just catching up on today's news. Completely shocked. We had the honor of flying Rep. Scalise last year during the GOP convention. Unfortunately I did not get to meet him. But by all reports he was very nice. They were very helpful with all the requests I needed to make of them due to the TSA and SS security restrictions to CLE.

I hope he makes a full recovery. Just so senseless.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Reportedly the rifle was a SKS 7.62.39. CNN reported it and said it was Chinese made. My understanding Chinese SKS's are somewhat rare.

They're not. Chinese SKSs are the most common and least expensive.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, this is not about hardware. Who cares what he used? Who cares? Please stop and think about what happened yesterday.

Posts: 107607 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
So when will the new USS Scalise be christened?

He deserves a ship equally as much!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (all times local):

10:10 p.m.

President Donald Trump sat by Rep. Steve Scalise's bedside and spoke with the House Majority Whip's family during a visit Wednesday evening to the hospital where Scalise remains in critical condition.

Press Secretary Sean Spicer describes the scene in the intensive care unit as "emotional."

Spicer says the president was also briefed by Scalise's medical team and spoke with Capitol Police officer Crystal Griner, who was shot in the ankle during the attack on a Republican Congressional baseball practice.

The president and first lady Melania Trump spent about half an hour at MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

Trump also met with other Capitol police officers who have gathered at the hospital and thanked them for their service.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Just heard Rep. Joe Barton, Texas, on the radio describing this on the radio. After the situation was under control, Barton came out from cover and saw the cops had Hodkingson on the ground, knee on his back. Hodgkinson was complaining, "Let me up, let me up, you're hurting me".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile....
The Left remains unrepentant.

Vox, Daily Kos Co-Founder Blames GOP Shooting On Republicans — Not Left-Wing Shooter

The co-founder of left-wing websites Vox and Daily Kos knew exactly who to blame for left-wing Bernie Sanders supporter James T. Hodgkinson opening fire on Republican congressmen and staffers Wednesday morning: the victims of the attempted mass murder.

“Republicans are getting what they want,” Markos Moulitsas wrote on Twitter, linking to a tweet from Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul that quoted Fox News personality Judge Napolitano as saying, “Why do we have a Second Amendment? It’s not to shoot deer. It’s to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06...t-left-wing-shooter/

Even worse....

Journo Says ‘Violent Resistance’ Should Be More Organized Than Baseball Shooting

A Huffington Post writer appeared to criticize the baseball shooter for poor planning Wednesday, saying “violent resistance” has to be more organized to “work.”

“For violent resistance to work it’d need to be organized,” writer Jesse Benn tweeted. “Individual acts can be understandable, but likely counterproductive/ineffective.”

His tweet appears to be a comment on the attempted mass shooting at a GOP baseball practice early Wednesday morning. Five people, including House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, were wounded when James Hodgkinson opened fire on the field. All of them are expected to survive, in part because Scalise’s security detail was on the scene and quickly neutralized the shooter.

Benn identifies himself as a “member of the intolerant left” on his Twitter profile, and links to his author page on the Huffington Post, where he is published as recently as December, 2016.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06...eed-to-be-organized/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Chellim, that is absolutely disgusting.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
In addition to the fringe loonies, the Washington Post wrote an editorial about how it was understandable for feeling hopeless given how awful the GOP is and the New York Times wrote an editorial equating it to the Giffords shooting, again blaming Sarah Palin even though that was debunked years ago.

WaPo editorial:

NYT editorial:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same as it always was.

GOP is ALWAYS responsible for bad acts.

GDCs are NEVER responsible for bad acts.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
In addition to the fringe loonies, the Washington Post wrote an editorial about how it was understandable for feeling hopeless given how awful the GOP is and the New York Times wrote an editorial equating it to the Giffords shooting, again blaming Sarah Palin even though that was debunked years ago.

WaPo editorial:

NYT editorial:

I remember the target kerfuffle. If I recall, the "crosshairs" were cartographer symbols.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
I remember the target kerfuffle. If I recall, the "crosshairs" were cartographer symbols.

Loughner did not have a TV and did not read newspapers, he never talked politics with anyone, didn't vote and wasn't a member of any party or political group. He was mentally deranged and had a fixation on Giffords for over 3 years prior to the shooting.

There is very little chance that he ever saw the graphic - there is zero evidence that he did. It was completely made up by the media.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
It appears he is different and better.

ASHI (Japanese): 1. foot, leg 2. evil

I really wish you guys would leave this alone. ASHI is (or was) the epitome of the home inspector associations, with stringent membership requirements. Many realtorzoids considered it the gold standard when recommending an inspector.

Even though I have known inspectors would agree that ASHI is evil, I don't see what his profession has to do with anything.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post