SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moto GP replica, I painted my Ducati! New Picture!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moto GP replica, I painted my Ducati! New Picture! Login/Join 
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted
Knowing my fairings are rare, and hard to replace, I to make a spare set on my own.
My last Duc had been backed over in a parking lot, knocked off it's kickstand, tracked, etc...I wanted to make the 1198S Corse my own style.
So first, I bought a spare fairing set off fleaBay, and a spare gas tank.

After months of work, here she is....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rainman64,

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Nice! Be safe.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can understand when professional racers adorn their bikes with their sponsors emblems for advertising purposes but I would never add them to my street bike. I think you did a great job adding the stickers since it looks like a pro placed them but it's not my thing so I'd have to give a thumbs down.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
Awesome job my friend.I have ridden on and off road for 50 years but have never owned a Duc. As I recall, yu bought that at a screaming good deal and you have turned it in to a true Casey Stoner replica. Very well done. Be safe and enjoy the ride!

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 239 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did a good job and it looks like you had some fun! Not my cup of tea, but that's some nice work you completed. Stay safe!

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That turned out great. You won’t see another Ducati like yours at a rally and I think that’s a good thing. I happen to LOVE race replicas, especially examples riders make on their own verses factory race replicas.

Great work!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very well done.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That looks absolutely fantastic! Wow!!!

Have fun riding, and be safe.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like race replicas and you did a great job.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Rainman, you should post up the before and after pics. It’s quite the transformation your Ducati went through. Fantastic work!

Those factory fairings were already easy on the eyes but I honestly prefer your race replica quite a bit more. When I get my Gixxer 1000 it’s going to get A similar MotoGP inspired (GSX-RR) race replica livery and a #42 on the front.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Looks good. But I do have to give you a hard time about having a Comfort Gel Seat on a race replica bike! And reflectors. Wink

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
That’s cool.
Cosplay for motorcycles!

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
Love this! You did an awesome job Cool

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks AWESOME!

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Boy some are really picky here. I say BRAVO ZULU! Navyspeak for WELL DONE! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Rainman, I raise you!

Laguna Seca 2008 Highlights (I was at the track): https://youtu.be/sfPM77TsGaA

Got to meet the man and get his sig on the tail of the bike and a helmet.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I want a Duck, but I suffer enough with my BMW.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16068 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Rainman, I raise you!

Laguna Seca 2008 Highlights (I was at the track):

I did an R1 for a friend with the livery.
Only thing he was lacking is the autograph!
Freakin' Nice one Prefontaine!

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Rainman, I raise you!

Laguna Seca 2008 Highlights (I was at the track):

I did an R1 for a friend with the livery.
Only thing he was lacking is the autograph!
Freakin' Nice one Prefontaine!

Bodywork is OEM (2010). The only thing major I changed was the upper from the 2012 as I liked it much better so had to do a custom number plate up front. Love the motor. I do have to put a new rear caliper on it and order a custom SS line for it. I’ve been dreading doing it. My days of laying on the ground and modding, well tired of it! I needed a new rear bracket and Brembo won’t sell you the bracket by itself, have to order the whole package.

Should be riding today rainman. But I have a rule, no riding on holiday weekends out in the twisties. Busy and drunks on the road. Taking care of the injured k9 all weekend.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what’s going on with the current silver/blue GSX-RR based GSX-R1000 race replica. They were teased online at Tokyo then crickets.

This Kevin Schwantz throw back would be something I might consider doing myself. Cool

Which gives me an excuse to post one of my favorite moto related vids. Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/NqlMYf6md_8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~