SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heated socks for hunting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heated socks for hunting Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
I use two methods. One is socks with the 9V battery option. Works really well. Plan B is hand warmers or foot warmers (if you can find them) and place them in your boots. It will require loosening up the laces, but works well! Plan B is for when the battery dies!!!!

What socks do you use?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Been hunting and hiking all my life but here in Missouri it's a different program. All my hunting is out of a tree stand so, yeah, a lot of sitting. I have a decent pair of hunting boots that are insulated. One thin pair of socks and a heavier wool based sock is all I use and my feet stay warm. And I'm always cold!!!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Lot of good suggestions....good pac boots are warmer than normal insulated boots in my experience.

I bring my woobie with me on cold mornings, keeping your core warm will keep your feet warmer...unless their wet.

My experience on heated socks has not been great, can't remember the brand but they were overly bulky and the batteries did not last.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Are you sitting or moving?

Sitting.

Sitting for 6+ hours..... The cold will creep in.

Try those toe warmer packs. Like hand warmers but with an adhesive backing that sticks to the top of your sock. I have used them in extreme Wyoming cold. They take the edge off.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I bought the socks from a near local dealer, Kittery Trading Post, in Kittery, ME. The tag on them says "Nordic Gear". There's a battery holder at the top of the woolen socks so the battery is outside the boots. There's two small wires running along the socks to the heaters at the toe. Barely noticeable and very comfortable.
https://www.thewarmingstore.co...ox-heated-socks.html

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post