SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    GRAPHIC!!!! On-line shooting - 'accident' or murder?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
GRAPHIC!!!! On-line shooting - 'accident' or murder? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That console's gonna be a mess. Next.

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I was taught.......

You could have stopped right there after identifying the insurmountable difference. What bunch of maroons.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like you would have heard a bigger boom from inside a car.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
"We draw down on them Ho's"
What does that mean?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
"Lyin'-ass ho. You see what we do to lyin'-ass ho's? We draw down on 'em. WE DRAW DOWN ON THEM HO'S. Say sumthin', bytch!"

Translation:
"You're lying to me. You see what we do to liars? We shoot them. WE SHOOT THEM! Tempt me!"

This bit of dialoge, follows the guy in the backseat, who was evidently replying to something someone posted in their live stream
about still being in bed. The guy in back says they're lying about still being in bed.

Here's another one that's actually pretty funny and doesn't end with anyone getting domed, but there's impending justice when the camera cuts off. Exact same scene, car full of black thugs threatening the world at large.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=ead_1516407241

Anyway, Tac, that's black ghetto culture in this country. This is intimidating posturing within that circle, every bit the extension of wearing clothes nine sizes too big to look bigger and more threatening.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
"We draw down on them Ho's"
What does that mean?

The speaker of that phrase points (not aims, points) a firearm in the general direction (to the nearest cardinal point on the compass is adequate) of others with whom the individual with the firearm has some degree of personal animus or previous experience engaging the target of the animus in human sexual exploitation for something of value (for example, illicit drugs or money), then either mimics the act of discharging the firearm, or accidentally or intentionally discharges said firearm, more often than not striking some random, uninvolved local resident sitting on their living room recliner watching an instructional television presentation on the interaction of random metallic heavy metal objects transiting through the space-time continuum to an intersection with human cranial neuron mitochondrial deoxyribonucleic nucleic acid, rather than the target of the animus.

I hope that is clear.

Yes, I make a big part of my living writing federal regulations.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31378 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
The culture can't even cross at a green light let-alone gun safety.

I drive through the hood every morning, people walking around milling through traffic.

Undisciplined children in adult bodies.

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
In the excitement of attempting to show her badassness, she forgot the first rule of gun safety: Treat all guns as if they are loaded.

What I see in this video, and many other videos from "da hood", and many rap videos, is a culture completely devoid of any rules of gun safety.

I was taught to treat every firearm as if it were loaded, until I check that it is clear. I was taught to always keep a firearm pointed in a safe direction. I was taught to keep my finger off of the trigger until I am ready to shoot.

They leave the gun on the center console accessible to anyone in the vehicle to pick up and play with as if it were a toy!

This video shows a culture that does not value safety; a culture that does not put the same value on human life that I was brought up in. Call it a "culture of death" if you wish.

These people screaming about gun control and gun violence and pointing fingers at the NRA should be looking first and foremost at the culture of violence in which they live and the lack of respect for human life within that culture.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It is at least some form of negligent or reckless homicide, and the fact that she had to rack the slide first gives the prosecutor a pretty good argument that it was an intentional homicide - i.e. a murder.

She was dry firing the weapon (or thought she was). And since she already pulled the trigger at the beginning of the video, she had to rack the slide in order "dry fire" it again it being a striker fired pistol. I think a defense attorney could make an equally good argument for that case especially once a jury understands the mechanics of the gun.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
It appeared to me as a reckless accident due to brain fart and/or pure incompetence.

I've been to at least two incidents like this where gang members were playing with their guns and shot one of their members by accident.

One incident, a girl was shot in the chin with a .45 which then struck her spinal cord. The other, one of the idiots shot his buddy in the eye with a .38. Strangely, they both lived, but are disfigured and crippled for life.

I didn't read the story, but I assume he died in this incident. If so, I see the proper charge as involuntary manslaughter since it appeared she recklessly caused a death.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Report This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbsid:

Was wondering the same thing myself...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
It is at least some form of negligent or reckless homicide, and the fact that she had to rack the slide first gives the prosecutor a pretty good argument that it was an intentional homicide - i.e. a murder.

She was dry firing the weapon (or thought she was). And since she already pulled the trigger at the beginning of the video, she had to rack the slide in order "dry fire" it again it being a striker fired pistol. I think a defense attorney could make an equally good argument for that case especially once a jury understands the mechanics of the gun.
Just how "gun smart" was she?
She knew enough to know the slide had to be cycled to "make" the gun go click again... Does she know enough to ascertain whether there is a loaded magazine, since it didn't lock back?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

As we say, that is what trials are for.

(To decide what the facts are, and how they fit into the law - here, whether this is a murder or something less.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

My radio receivers have circuitry to limit the signal strength so to prevent a strong signal from blowing the operators headphones off, and other undignified consequences.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Just how "gun smart" was she?
She knew enough to know the slide had to be cycled to "make" the gun go click again... Does she know enough to ascertain whether there is a loaded magazine, since it didn't lock back?

I don't know and really don't care. But even experienced gun owners have made that mistake. And anyway, didn't the dude in the back seat say there was no "clip" in the gun? The gun wouldn't be expected to lock back in that case if she took him for his word.

But now I think I'm giving her way too much credit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Apparently stupid does hurt.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

The camera microphone likely uses compression to limit overload. Much like electronic ear protection.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Since gunshot sounds that close are simply pressure waves, when you're that close to a gunshot, the pressure impacts microphone diaphragms hard enough to not sound like a gunshot. Think of when someone blows into a phone real hard, same concept. I tried recording shooting for a game I was working on about twenty years ago, and suffice it to say, pretty much nothing was usable. There's mics built to handle that sort of sound pressure, but you're gonna pay bucks for them.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post