SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heisman Trophy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heisman Trophy Login/Join 
Picture of Wishbone
posted
Heres to Oklahoma getting their 6th tonight.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is he gonna grab his cock-n-ballz and should obsenities at the runner ups????

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I hope he does and plants a flag at the same time!

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
I hope he does and plants a flag at the same time!

Yep!

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:

Johnny Manziel? Wink

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:

Johnny Manziel? Wink

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So what's his draft outlook?

The Browns? 49ers? Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Alouettes, Tiger-Cats?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
On another note, disgusting "journalism".

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/n...ball-history-n827581

"The finalists for this year's coveted Heisman Trophy were announced earlier this week and two of the most black dynamic players on the college gridiron are in the running for the famed award."

Most black?

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

"The finalists for this year's coveted Heisman Trophy were announced earlier this week and two of the most black dynamic players on the college gridiron are in the running for the famed award."

Most black?

Thats racist!

posted Hide Post
Has a walk on ever won this award before this year?

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I heard a draft analyst on the radio say late 1st or 2nd round would be his grade, with the obvious knock being his height. But the way the NFL is these days I would be shocked if he isn't top 10.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

No. He's the first and only. He didn't get scholarship offers from the top schools he wanted. In fact he had to walk on at 2 schools. First was Texas Tech and won the starting job. Then he went to OU and enrolled as a student and regular dorm resident before talking to the athletic department. OU let him try out as a walk on and he earned it.

The rest is, as they say, history.

The kid was not coddled and on the easy street of the typical student athlete. He's not perfect, pretty much a normal kid, and made some stupid behavioral mistakes. Bash him if you want, he deserved it, but he was still a young man growing up. Kid admits it, didn't cover it up, owned it and grew.

Certainly he had talent but he walked on, twice, and busted his butt and grew. To me he's a blue collar scrappy kid who has had to want it and earn it, and did. The hard way.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

No. He's the first and only. He didn't get scholarship offers from the top schools he wanted. In fact he had to walk on at 2 schools. First was Texas Tech and won the starting job. Then he went to OU and enrolled as a student and regular dorm resident before talking to the athletic department. OU let him try out as a walk on and he earned it.

The rest is, as they say, history.

The kid was not coddled and on the easy street of the typical student athlete. He's not perfect, pretty much a normal kid, and made some stupid behavioral mistakes. Bash him if you want, he deserved it, but he was still a young man growing up. Kid admits it, didn't cover it up, owned it and grew.

Certainly he had talent but he walked on, twice, and busted his butt and grew. To me he's a blue collar scrappy kid who has had to want it and earn it, and did. The hard way.

There are no blue collars in Lake Travis where he grew up, I can assure you of that..... I don't disagree that he did things the hard way and earned what he got but he grew up with every advantage in an affluent area and went to a high school that has a football program to rival a lot of college programs.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

I saw at least one mock draft that showed at least 3, and maybe 4 other QBs going before Mayfield.

Doesn’t matter to me, it’ll take some dramatic changes to bring me back to the NFL. A new contract for this Commish tells me there won’t be any meaningful changes forthcoming.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 more games, one more goal for Baker!!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Not to mention, when i played football, if I tried to shake your hand at the coin toss and you put your hands behind your back and shook your head at me, me grabbing my crotch and screaming obscenities at you would be the least of your issues

I was a fair guy, but was a firm believer in the road house rule of being nice until it was time not to be nice..

And if we got to that point, I was burning it down. No holds barred. All of it

I've seen the Manziel comparisons with Mayfield and I hope not

To me they aren't the same. Everything was handed to Manziel, who was a spoiled rich kid. Mayfield has busted his ass his whole life to get where he is

I will be rooting for him to succeed

JUST NOT AGAINST GEORGIA!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I have no dog in the fight and could care less if he makes it at the next level or not. I just find it curious that he has been assigned this blue collar, underdog perception when he grew up rich with every advantage in both his home and school life. I live 7 miles from the school in the same area so I know exactly where the kid came from and can assure you, he has not suffered any from lack of reaources and advantages.

He grew up in an upper middle class to upper class suburb and was groomed by one of the best high school football programs in the country. These kids have a freaking domed practice field for bad weather days, lol... He walked on at Tech after not getting offered by his 1st choice of school then walked away and went to OU because he thought he could do better than Tech and it turns out he was right. He left Tech under dubious circumstances, was arrested in Arkansas for being drunk and fleeing from police....the only adversity he has faced seems to be self created.

None of that makes him anything more than a good football player that had a chip on his shoulder after being snubbed by what he thought he deserved. I don't think the Manzeil comparisons are out of line until he proves otherwise.....

And if you think he just showed up at OU and walked up to the football office and knocked on the door one day I have some swamp land in Oklahoma you may be interested in Razz

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most black?

What the hell is NBCBLK?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

Most black?

What the hell is NBCBLK?

NBCBLK... Elevating America's conversation about black identity, politics & culture today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01...st-for-black-people/

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member