SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help from the collective brain of SIGforum, on two fronts, one is referral for Estate Attorney in MD.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help from the collective brain of SIGforum, on two fronts, one is referral for Estate Attorney in MD. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
http://www.probategeorge.com/

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post

I'll shoot you an e-mail with some names as soon as I get into the office tomorrow morning.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If the house is in Potomac. That is a very safe area. Random break-in is unlikely. The SW scares me a bit. She may realize that gravy train has ended and attempt to make one last haul either directly or have someone else do it.

I'd second what all have said about changing locks and having security system installed. I'd add a camera or two as well.

Hopefully whatever lawyer you guys hire will have on staff or work with a trusted forensic accountant that can retrace these supposed debts and asset liquidations to pay debts. It may be entirely possible grandma did have debts given her collections. Sounds way more likely that she was being scammed from SW. Either way you need someone with the expertise to get to the bottom of it.

I'm sorry for the boy's loss. This is a lot in a short period. Hopefully besides money aspects you guys are remembering to look after him emotionally.

Your nephew will be in my prayers. As for recommendations, I have none. I'm 30 minutes from Potomac MD and could check to make sure doors are locked and no obvious signs of break is if you ever need it.

Good luck to the boy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Q, possibly your own banking connections (if national) can give you assistance in locating competent estate attorneys in MD.

A call locally may get you the referral you need.

Good luck to you and them,

Easyfire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disposal: It appears you need a higher end auction house to deal with the items.

during the time that the SW was managing the grandma's affairs, she sold all of her jewelry collections, claiming that grandma had debt to pay. When asked for details and receipts, she couldn't provide, or refused to provide First thing is to check the POA to see what it covers. Most, if not all states, have laws to protect the elderly in cases like this. If there is any doubt as to the veracity of what she did, I would file a complaint and possibly pursue legal action. As a SW she should have detailed records and whoever is disposing of the estate should be allowed access to those records. If what she did was illegal, then both her and the company she works for could be held libel. I guarantee is she did something shady it wasn't the first time and she wasn't the only one who knew about it. Think complicity.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post