SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NRA Meetings in Atlanta April 28th?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Meetings in Atlanta April 28th? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
I registered for the NRA Convention in ATL the 5th weekend. I did it the first of March, but have not received anything.

Does anyone know if they send out confirmations or if you just show up?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't received anything yet either.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Last year in Louisville, you just showed up and they had your stuff at the registration desk.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thanks Brad. Looking forward to it. I'll be the heavyset guy in the Cowboy hat.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I've seen where some guys over on ARF.com have begun receiving their passes, since the passes were apparently sent out last week or so.

I haven't received mine yet, but I figure it should arrive shortly this week.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Thanks Brad. Looking forward to it. I'll be the heavyset guy in the Cowboy hat.

Obviously you have never been to the NRA show........ Big Grin
(Well, it is an even blend with guys running around in Woodland BDU shirts with the sleeves cut out with tons of NSW, ODA, and SOG patches all over them)

Side bar- You going again, Brad? We will have two booths this year, and this time I will be around one of them most of the time.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
No, I've been a Life member for years, but most weekends find me shooting, not at meetings...

What booth will you be in, jljones?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'll either be at 418 or 428. Not sure which is which just yet.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5100075914

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be there Friday and Saturday.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Side bar- You going again, Brad? We will have two booths this year, and this time I will be around one of them most of the time.

No, burnt up a week going to Tac Con with some touristy vacation stuff thrown in coming and going. Probably won't make it until they come back to Indy. Great show though. My wife and I really enjoyed last year.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Will there be products sold at the booths or is this just a "show"?

My NRA membership is not current. I usually renew at local gun shows but haven't been to one for a while. You can join at this show for entry, right? That is my plan if so.

Thanks

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Thursday-Sunday. I'm staying in Buckhead and using the MARTA to get to the show. If anyone wants to get a few of the Sigforum members together for a beer send me an email p7m8fan@gmail.com

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:

My NRA membership is not current. I usually renew at local gun shows but haven't been to one for a while. You can join at this show for entry, right? That is my plan if so.

Thanks

They do sell products

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if you can buy a membership for entry?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if you can buy a membership for entry?

Yes, you can.

www.opspectraining.com

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
the expo floor is open to members free of charge and without prior registration during the day, correct?

anybody planning on going to see the President speak Friday?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
the expo floor is open to members free of charge and without prior registration during the day, correct?

anybody planning on going to see the President speak Friday?

I plan on hitting the expo floor Friday. Hopefully trump speaking will thin out the exhibits some.

Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Our forklift rep said there are 462 lifts, walkies, and manlifts at the gwc right now to set up the show.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you need to pre-register? When the NRA show was here in Pittsburgh a couple of times all I did was go down to the Convention Center with my Membership card or an AR magazine address label and show up. No problem getting in.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I preregistered and received my passes Saturday. You can register for the exhibits at the door. I think several of the special events are sold out. This will be my first one and looking forward to it.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post