SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heavily pregnant mother uses an AR-15 to kill a home intruder
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heavily pregnant mother uses an AR-15 to kill a home intruder Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Another good shoot.

“A heavily pregnant woman used an AR-15 to kill a home intruder after two masked men entered her home in Florida, pistol whipped her husband and violently grabbed their daughter.

Jeremy King, from Lithia in Florida, was at home with his wife when two armed men barged in at around 9pm, pointed a gun at his head and demanded money.

They also grabbed the couple's 11-year-old daughter as Mr King tried to explain they didn't have anything to give them and the violence escalated.

Mr King said one of the men then started pistol-whipping him while another kicked him repeatedly in the head.

His wife, who is eight months pregnant, was in the back bedroom and looked out to see what was going on.

Mr King said one of the men then shot at his wife. She then retreated, grabbed an AR-15 and returned fire.
……
Deputies later found a man dead in a nearby ditch. The other gunman ran off after the fatal shot was fired. Investigators are still looking for the second gunman.

The sheriff’s office added that the firearm was in the home legally…”

https://mol.im/a/7647139

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
The sheriff’s office added that the firearm was in the home legally.”
Of course it was "in the home legally!"

This happened in Florida. Any firearm that is not an NFA item is legal in your own home, as long as you are not a felon or otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm. No permit of any kind is required to have a legal firearm in your own home.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/RYD4Zj2eotw

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I love a happy ending.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I love a happy ending.

I'd just rate it OK because the other dirtbag got away. If both were shot and killed, it'd be a happy ending.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
The sheriff’s office added that the firearm was in the home legally.”
Of course it was "in the home legally!"

This happened in Florida. Any firearm that is not an NFA item is legal in your own home, as long as you are not a felon or otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm. No permit of any kind is required to have a legal firearm in your own home.

I'll bet a double bunch of bananas that the "Sheriff's Office" was asked the question specifically by a"reporter" with the agenda.

No other reason to make such a statement.

But it does make one weary.

How about; "The sheriff’s office added that the ethnicity of all parties was the same.”

SSS

Simply, Silly Shit.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Damn good woman

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Dead Right There

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The only way this story could be better is if she got the other guy and it was a Hello Kitty edition AR.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Fake news. I’ve been told repeatedly that ARs are not good for home defense. Dur dur dur

Love seeing these stories to throw in commie faces.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Name the kid Shooter.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Turned out they DID have something to give the dirt bags.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
There's an unborn child thinking, "Score!"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Heavily" pregnant? Is that a British thing?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Beto and the democrats would rather this family be dead and the 2 thugs out roaming free so they could vote democrat in the next election.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

No. That term has been around as long as I can remember. Means "far along in pregnancy."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Chubby? Eek

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, this is the first time I ever hear of this terminology.

Btw, they should have written, "Heavily armed pregnant mother...". That covers everything. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Heavily pregnant is the opposite of being Almost pregnant Razz Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
ell, this is the first time I ever hear of this terminology.

Btw, they should have written, "Heavily armed pregnant mother...". That covers everything.

Q

Wink

feel terrible for her being put in that situation. Being in her house. Being invaded. Her family being threatened, beaten, etc. Her being shot at, etc. But glad she knew what she had to do to protect them all. And was able to do it. I sincerely, hope she and the baby are fine and that things work out well for them.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post