SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Maryjane is going mainstream
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Maryjane is going mainstream Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Incarceration is but one facet, and the stats as they exist today is but one metric. It's also used to leverage, literally threaten, add-on to, and otherwise hassle folks, and has been for decades now, and in some jurisdictions - you're going straight to jail for a quarter bag...

Is it better nowadays, due in part to the changing national attitudes? sure, but there's lots of work left to do in righting these decades of wrongs, nationwide. Med and/or Rec is legal in more than half the States, poll after poll after poll indicate overall support is around 60%, and so on. The trend is long, steady, and positive in favor of legalization. It's all a matter of time, Jeff Sessions and the like or not. 2yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs, whatever, it's coming.

And the sooner it does the sooner a long and ridiculous national lie will be over, and life will go on with one less area fraught with nonsense, heartache, and excessive control.

Like marijuana or don't, just leave people alone who do. Other regular and necessary crimes/laws will still exist, and when folks break those it's business as usual. No big deal.

Besides, I'm betting the Tax Revenue alone will solve the problem. Money is the only thing the government likes better than direct control, and marijuana brings in a fuckton of $.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well not having any first hand experience I can only go by what I read

so if its a non-issue, then no reason not to remove it from Schedule 1 tomorrow, right?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53145 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cannabis doesn't seem so harmful in light of the number of deaths by opioid overdose. The middle class has a new type of drug to demonize, and this time, they really do have reason to fear it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107407 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
46and2, my apologies. I wasn't accusing you of conflating the two issues.

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I don't conflate the two at all. I advocate both, equally, for different reasons, and will pursue/advocate the legalization of both via whatever arguments accomplish the goal.

Neither should be illegal, nor should they have ever been made so. The rest is bullshit, tired, old, bullshit.

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oh, no worries, I didn't think so. Smile

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well not having any first hand experience I can only go by what I read

so if its a non-issue, then no reason not to remove it from Schedule 1 tomorrow, right?

Correct, objectively speaking. It's the very best and only real solution. Descheduling it entirely, or otherwise down to something equivalent to Alcohol and Tobacco, its true analogs - rather than the absurd grouping we currently deal with.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Time to smoke a bowl with mom, then.

Have her bake brownies beforehand.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31412 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I have no problem with medical marijuana, in fact it should be available everywhere because I believe it is proven. The problem I do have is pro-recreational users conflating this with smoking weed.

I don't conflate the two. The former is assigning to something that should never have been restricted in the first place status akin to the stuff pushed by the pharmaceutical companies. The latter is what you, I and anybody else would be allowed to do in a country with sane laws.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for the streets to become awash with blood since legalization here.

"But...but...now the illegal black marked has 'sploded because of the high retail prices!"

Nothing that wasn't already there, and horse shit-look at all the tax revenue. Look at it.
Freedom is a hell of a thing.

Posts: 5126 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The fact is that just about anyone in this country who wants weed can get it, legally or not.

The 'war on drugs' has been a failure only if you believe that the goal was drug eradication. The 'war on drugs' has been a tremendous, towering success for law enforcement agencies in this nation, via revenue enhancement, both from federal funding and from taking people's shit in vilation of the Constitution. You'd better believe that was the goal- Revenue enhancement of the cops. Period,

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107407 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So here's how med MJ works in FL

How to get started:
The law requires that you treat with a Certified Doctor for 90 days to receive your recommendation and obtain your Medical Green Card. After the initial telemedicine videochat (similar to Skype or Facetime) or face to face evaluation with our doctor, you would see our doctor for a follow up evaluation in 45 to 60 days after requesting & obtaining the medical records for your condition. At that time, if qualified, we help you apply for your Compassionate Use or Amendment 2 Card since it takes about a month. After 90 days you would see the doctor for the 2nd follow up and get your Compassionate Use or Amendment 2 recommendation if you meet the criteria. This ensures that you will get your Green Card from the Florida Department of Health right after you get your Doctor recommendation without any delay!

After the Initial Evaluation, patients will see the Doctor about every 45 days til after the 90th day to get their Amendment 2 or Compassionate Use Card and then every 45 days to keep their medication renewed.

http://www.knoxmedical.com/

Posts: 23354 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
Mary, how does your garden grow?

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

How to get started:
The law requires that you treat with a Certified Doctor for 90 days to receive your recommendation and obtain your Medical Green Card. After the initial telemedicine videochat (similar to Skype or Facetime) or face to face evaluation with our doctor, you would see our doctor for a follow up evaluation in 45 to 60 days after requesting & obtaining the medical records for your condition. At that time, if qualified, we help you apply for your Compassionate Use or Amendment 2 Card since it takes about a month. After 90 days you would see the doctor for the 2nd follow up and get your Compassionate Use or Amendment 2 recommendation if you meet the criteria. This ensures that you will get your Green Card from the Florida Department of Health right after you get your Doctor recommendation without any delay!

After the Initial Evaluation, patients will see the Doctor about every 45 days til after the 90th day to get their Amendment 2 or Compassionate Use Card and then every 45 days to keep their medication renewed.

Thats insanity considering you can get oxy in 14 seconds...

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

How to get started:

That is insane.

Go up to local highschool around 3:45PM look for the guy with greatful dead/pink Floyd/phish shirt on. Should cut you wait time from 90 days to 90 seconds.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20793 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
As I have said several other times, I have no problem with people using marijuana, even recreationally, when we have the ability to determine who is high at the time with some type of quantitative testing. We have this with alcohol, and thus, have a standard to adhere to with DUI laws. There is no standard for marijuana, and qualitative tests stay positive for long after the drug was consumed. While I don't care if the truck driver next to me on the interstate, or my doctor in the OR, indulged last night, I do care if they took a bong hit an hour ago and are working. Once quantitative standards are there for enforcement, I have no problem with legalization. Until that time, complete prohibition works for me from an enforcement standpoint. Thankfully, I believe someone here posted that there was some research going on in CA towards just that.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
How many domestic violence calls have our LEO had involving weed? I am going out on a limb and guessing zilch.

18 years....not one...most guys high on weed don't cause a big stir...they want some Doritos and to chill

I've never had to fight a guy on weed...not once.

that guy on PCP was a WHOLE other story, but I'd rather deal with a burnout than a drunk or PCP user...

And as far as heroin users...I saw let Darwin sort them out....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11259 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:

How to get started:

The amount of hoops you have to jump through is a crock of shit!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4827 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Time to smoke a bowl with mom, then.

Have her bake brownies beforehand.

Keto brownies please Cool

Posts: 3499 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robbyfine:
I use cdb oil for anxiety, for more info you can click here http://www.ncsm.nl/english/cbd-oil/cbd-oil-for-adhd . Some other effecive methods for anxiety are; a good nights' sleep, listening to music, and exercising. I try to occasionally workout when I can, if not frequently. All these methods really work great for me making me feel much better.

Jesus, you dug deep to pull this thread back up huh?

Posts: 6343 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
Originally posted by robbyfine:
I use cdb oil for anxiety, for more info you can click here http://www.ncsm.nl/english/cbd-oil/cbd-oil-for-adhd . Some other effecive methods for anxiety are; a good nights' sleep, listening to music, and exercising. I try to occasionally workout when I can, if not frequently. All these methods really work great for me making me feel much better.

Jesus, you dug deep to pull this thread back up huh?

Another place I visit this sometimes referred to as "necrothread posting."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14029 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post