SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Maryjane is going mainstream
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Maryjane is going mainstream Login/Join 
posted
I wouldn't have believed this if it hadn't shown up at the office today.

Me and my coworkers got a good laugh thinking about the comittee meeting that started writing this spec.

Do you think they served nachos at the meeting? Will bongs require a UL label once they settle upon the criteria? What do you think the weights and measures guys will do?

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will bongs require a UL label....?

That made me laugh.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Good. I bet many of you would be shocked at how many of your coworkers enjoy Mary Jane responsibly from time to time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sure makes Larry hungry, but I thought it was Doritos.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
my mother has developed Parkinsons, no where near larry's level, that would be great

Posts: 23445 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Time to smoke a bowl with mom, then.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well I own my company but have a strict no drugs policy, would I have to fire myself, or have a company picnic with doritos and m&m's

What was Larry taking, didn't see any smoke was it some kind of liquid or pill, my office pc hasn't got speakers hooked up so I can't tell what they are saying...

Posts: 23445 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe what Larry used is a CBD oil, which in most cases has little to no THC.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In the 1970s, my friends and I made a gadget called "The Death Tube". Essentially, a compressor powered, floor-standing bong. Crew-served paraphernalia, as it were.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the war on drugs has failed miserably - we have more drugs in the country now than when we started - billions wasted and absolutely nothing to show for it

except for prisons filled with people using pot

I think its time to remove it as a Schedule 1 narcotic and call it a day

and for everyone in jail or prison on a pot charge, let them out

we need the bed space for more important things

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Well I own my company but have a strict no drugs policy, would I have to fire myself, or have a company picnic with doritos and m&m's

What was Larry taking, didn't see any smoke was it some kind of liquid or pill, my office pc hasn't got speakers hooked up so I can't tell what they are saying...

this is a good weed test show them this and see how they react

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/0SVZvWaMWsA

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In the 1970s, my friends and I made a gadget called "The Death Tube". Essentially, a compressor powered, floor-standing bong. Crew-served paraphernalia, as it were.

I thought I was the only guy who had this idea.

Back in high school, a friend and I repurposed a portable air mattress pump into the Autobong 3000.

That's when I knew I should pursue Engineering Big Grin

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:
I believe what Larry used is a CBD oil, which in most cases has little to no THC.

And CBD extracts come in a wide variety of forms, including Patches like Nicotine ones. I have a friend who uses the Patches for a severe case of Restless Leg Syndrome, and they provide equal relief without the negative side effects the traditional meds bring along.

Anecdotal, for sure, but an example just the same.

And, fwiw, supposedly the most effective CBD products have some THC - sub 5%. I don't know why, but that's what folks say. It isn't enough for a "high" but apparently helps.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Mom's in her 80's conservative, shes down to 113 pounds, I'm checking the MJ sites in FL to see what's up, so far Med MJ Docs are $200 to $300 first visit, then you have to find a dispensery for the non smoking approved medical MJ product.

https://fldispensaries.com/flo...nnabis-dispensaries/

Think I"ll give one of the docs a call tomorrow see what the 411 on 420 in 4ida is all about..

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
prisons filled with people using pot

I think you mean incarcerated for using pot. If so, this isn't really true. This is often said, but the numbers just don't add up. Few are incarcerated for using pot. There's usually more to the story.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with medical marijuana, in fact it should be available everywhere because I believe it is proven. The problem I do have is pro-recreational users conflating this with smoking weed. It is as dishonest as those who on the left who wish treat illegal immigration the same as legal immigration. They are two different issues.

quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by sureshot45:

And CBD extracts come in a wide variety of forms, including Patches like Nicotine ones. I have a friend who uses the Patches for a severe case of Restless Leg Syndrome, and they provide equal relief without the negative side effects the traditional meds bring along.

Anecdotal, for sure, but an example just the same.

And, fwiw, supposedly the most effective CBD products have some THC - sub 5%. I don't know why, but that's what folks say. It isn't enough for a "high" but apparently helps.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't conflate the two at all. I advocate both, equally, for different reasons, and will pursue/advocate the legalization of both via whatever arguments accomplish the goal.

Neither should be illegal, nor should they have ever been made so. The rest is bullshit, tired, old, bullshit.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many domestic violence calls have our LEO had involving weed? I am going out on a limb and guessing zilch.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
prisons filled with people using pot

I think you mean incarcerated for using pot. If so, this isn't really true. This is often said, but the numbers just don't add up. Few are incarcerated for using pot. There's usually more to the story.

I will have to throw the BS flag on this one. From my experiences unless you have metric crap-ton of weed the federal agencies won't even start looking at you. If you have that much to begin with you probably are not just "using" either.... therefore IMHO all these prisons filled with marijuana users stories are just BS.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post