SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheyenne Frontier Days—Full Capacity!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheyenne Frontier Days—Full Capacity! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I went to a kick-off event for CFD last night attended by the Wyoming governor and Cheyenne mayor. Happy to report, the
125th Cheyenne Frontier Days will take place July 23rd - August 1 at full capacity. This is a big deal folks for this town and state. Hope to see you there.

CFD_rodeo

I’ve been involved with the Public Relations Committee for six years now, so you see, I’m just doing my job. Wink

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news for sure.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was there for Frontier Days many, many years ago. I was part of a custom combine crew that cut wheat from Texas to Montana. There were a lot of folks having a great time.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news. Gotta love Wyoming, except for the weather Big Grin

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Good news. Gotta love Wyoming, except for the weather Big Grin

My wife says I shouldn’t say this anymore, but:
It keeps out the riff-raff

Unfortunately, less successfully than it used to. Newspaper article just in the last week about Californians and Coloradans moving in.

CFD was canceled in its entirety last summer. This is a little story of mine from 2019.

quote:
My Cheyenne Frontier Days story for yesterday, July 22. I’m walking from the PR House to Media HQ. Between the two lies the Old West Museum and along the side of the building an antique freight wagon is displayed—filled with flowers. It looks nice. I stopped because a woman was photographing her husband standing in front of the wagon. He was a handsome man wearing a western hat, and he wore it well. As she lowered her hands and the phone she was taking the picture with, he caught my eye, said “thanks,” and seemed to want to talk.

The couple I met was from Belton, Texas. They were in Cheyenne celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. He told me that he always wanted to come to CFD and that earlier this summer his wife said, “Why don’t we go up to Cheyenne in July for our anniversary.”

I don’t know their names. Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take their picture, but our conversation kinda made, not just my day, but the whole show. They arrived Sunday and were staying through Wednesday. I’m happy to report that CFD met, or exceeded his expectations.
God Bless ‘Em

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be retiring to Wyo. in a couple of years.
I grew up in Nebraska and was born in Montana , so the wind and cold mean little to me.
I want wide spaces and quiet places !

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait! Any idea when concert tickets go on sale?

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
That's excellent news. My kids were asking me about it today and I didn't know the status.

We'll be there!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Dad and mom took us to Frontier Days around 55 years ago. It made quite an impression. My mom didn’t like it near as much as my sister and I did. Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

In a similar vein, Wickenburg is in full bloom with winter visitors team ropers (plus some year-round resident ropers). Somehow (perhaps winter climate related), Wickenburg became sort of the team ropers' capital. The Nationals are held here most years.

Some neighbors of mine practicing, picture taken by another neighbor on his nightly walk.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:

Yes, they go on sale April 15th at 0900 MDT. If there are shows you are particularly interested in, I’d try to call right at 9. Let me know when you’re around, Garrett Blaine. You too, Yanert

Nice picture, Henry.

Stay in touch, John Crusher

Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

Yes, they go on sale April 15th at 0900 MDT. If there are shows you are particularly interested in, I’d try to call right at 9. Let me know when you’re around, Garrett Blaine. You too, Yanert

Nice picture, Henry.

Stay in touch, John Crusher

Thanks. My wife wants Garth tickets for her and some friends... I am sure they will go within minutes.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks. My wife wants Garth tickets for her and some friends... I am sure they will go within minutes.

Ned LeDoux is opening for Garth that night. It will be emotional. The entire show is dedicated to his dad, Chris, and a new heroic-sized bronze of Chris LeDoux will be unveiled on the west side of Frontier Park.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Y’all just made Fox Headline News. Heard all about your festival and the country music folks slated to perform.

Sounds like a good time.

No masks (please)?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No masks, Rob. CFD recognizes that it’s just smart business though to take precautions in this transition period from the horror of 2020. “Health and Safety Protocols” can be viewed by clicking on the Events and Schedule” tab on the link I provided in the OP. Sounds like volunteers will spend a lot of time wiping down surfaces with disinfectant and filling hand sanitizer stations. I won’t like it if asked to do those things, but if it will contribute to a successful show, then I’m there. C’mon out!