SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those frusterated with the price of iPhones....possible SE2 coming
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those frusterated with the price of iPhones....possible SE2 coming Login/Join 
posted
Know this article is among hundreds speculating on a newer version of the SE series. Before wasting your time reading, please know there is no proof of the new phone in this article. Only speculation.

That being said, I'm up for a new phone. The battery in my 5s is toast, but I think I will wait until March 2020 to see what comes out. New SE2?. Great, I'm in. No new SE, then I move on to another newer version. No harm, no foul.

Thought this was interesting:

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/a...pest-iphone-in-years

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’m interested, especially if they make it the size of my current SE.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Given where we are with cellular tech today, the most interesting and arguably the most competitive category of new phones are the 'value' oriented offerings. The Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL were huge successes this year as a ~$400 phone. I think people are over paying ~$1k+ for phones that are only marginal improvements from prior editions. Apple's number one seller recently has been the XR edition phone which is their least expensive offering, so an SE phone is likely forth coming as Apple seeks to get buyers back to buying new phones.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Given where we are with cellular tech today, the most interesting and arguably the most competitive category of new phones are the 'value' oriented offerings. The Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL were huge successes this year as a ~$400 phone. I think people are over paying ~$1k+ for phones that are only marginal improvements from prior editions. Apple's number one seller recently has been the XR edition phone which is their least expensive offering, so an SE phone is likely forth coming as Apple seeks to get buyers back to buying new phones.

Apple’s least expensive phone isn’t the Xr, it’s the 8 and 8 plus. And they are slow sellers. The 11 and 11 pro are selling like hot cakes. They still aren’t stocked at a lot of the Apple stores yet.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

Apple’s least expensive phone isn’t the Xr, it’s the 8 and 8 plus. And they are slow sellers. The 11 and 11 pro are selling like hot cakes. They still aren’t stocked at a lot of the Apple stores yet.
The iPhone 8 is last generation. The XR is Apple's current gen value phone offering and its selling very well. Although selling well, sales of the iPhone 11 are down overall against projections. Across the board (Samsung, Apple, etc) sales of flagship offerings are down overall, hence the reason there are so many ~$400 - ~$600 offerings entering the market.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The iPhone 8 is last generation. The XR is Apple's current gen value phone offering and its selling very well. Although selling well, sales of the iPhone 11 are down overall against projections. Across the board (Samsung, Apple, etc) sales of flagship offerings are down overall, hence the reason there are so many ~$400 - ~$600 offerings entering the market.

I know what generations they are. You stated the Xr was their least expensive phone. That’s incorrect. And they’re not their best selling either. Xr’s are readily available at the Apple stores. The 11 and 11 pro and pro max are not. Look it up. Projections are one thing, actual availability is another.

———————————————

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know what generations they are. You stated the Xr was their least expensive phone. That’s incorrect. And they’re not their best selling either. Xr’s are readily available at the Apple stores. The 11 and 11 pro and pro max are not. Look it up. Projections are one thing, actual availability is another.
If you're looking for a pissing contest look elsewhere. Apple projections and sales volumes on their flagship phones are off markedly, just like Samsung's are. People are keeping their current phones much longer, because they're far less willing to part with $1k+ for a new flagship. The only market that looks to be growing in sales projections and volumes are mid-tier/value offerings. For that reason I think Apple marketing an SE phone is all but guaranteed.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
If you're looking for a pissing contest look elsewhere. Apple projections and sales volumes on their flagship phones are off markedly, just like Samsung's are. People are keeping their current phones much longer, because they're far less willing to part with $1k+ for a new flagship. The only market that looks to be growing in sales projections and volumes are mid-tier/value offerings.

Negative ghost rider.

https://appleinsider.com/artic...-iphone-11-pro-sales

https://www.ilounge.com/news/i...-exceed-expectations

But I do think they will release a new SE2 for the smaller screen crowd.

———————————————

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
The new OS in my SE is a pain. Editing a photo used to snap open smartly, and now there is a delay.

My 'mint condition' SE(s) were $140 each, so I'm not buying anything new in a hurry, but a mouse/trackpad built into the Home Button and mo' computer to deal with the increased complexity of the OS would be nice.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of old iPhones a 6 and 6Splus

I am not going to upgrade until the 5G cellular comes out.

Most likely next year it could take two years apple just ended the fight with Qualcomm that makes the 5G chips.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I have a couple of old iPhones a 6 and 6Splus

I am not going to upgrade until the 5G cellular comes out.

Most likely next year it could take two years apple just ended the fight with Qualcomm that makes the 5G chips.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/...tmobile-sprint-china

———————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Negative ghost rider.

Did you read the articles you posted or just the headlines? The articles support Big Deal's point.

"The credit should be given to the more affordable iPhone 11 which starts at $699 compared to last year’s $749, making it $300 less than the iPhone 11 Pro."

"Apple’s move to cut $50 off of the iPhone 11 is starting to show a positive repel effect with sales booming."

"Cowen believes the 3 million increase in the September quarter builds was due to the iPhone XR receiving a price reduction of $150."

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Negative ghost rider.

Did you read the articles you posted or just the headline? The articles support Big Deal's point.

"The credit should be given to the more affordable iPhone 11 which starts at $699 compared to last year’s $749, making it $300 less than the iPhone 11 Pro."

"Apple’s move to cut $50 off of the iPhone 11 is starting to show a positive repel effect with sales booming."

"Cowen believes the 3 million increase in the September quarter builds was due to the iPhone XR receiving a price reduction of $150."

Actually I did. And if you read further:

“For that quarter, iPhone 11-generation models will account for 47 million units, or 72% of the product mix.”

“According to Bloomberg, the sales figures of the iPhone 11 are higher than what was initially expected“

Like I stated earlier, you can walk into any Apple store and buy an Xr, you can’t with the iPhone 11 models. Some have them in stock, some don’t.

———————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

“For that quarter, iPhone 11-generation models will account for 47 million units, or 72% of the product mix.”

“According to Bloomberg, the sales figures of the iPhone 11 are higher than what was initially expected“

That's right, the lower price iPhone 11s they cut prices on and not the $1,000+ models.

My wife and I are 2 data points, but we aren't upgrading every year like we used to and there's nothing a $1,000 phone has that I need. Apple is out of my price range. I bought my current LG V20 new a year after it was introduced for half price. My wife is making do with her iPhone 7+ that was a cheap upgrade from her 6+.

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's right, the lower price iPhone 11s they cut prices on and not the $1,000+ models.

They didn’t cut prices on the 11. They’ve been the same price since they were released. And the iPhone 11 pro max flagship is the hardest to find at the Apple Stores.

The fact is Apple is not having ANY trouble selling the pro max. It is quite the opposite.

———————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

They didn’t cut prices on the 11.

I must be misreading these:

Are they saying compared to last year's iPhone model or something?

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They didn’t cut prices on the 11.

I must be misreading these:

Are they saying compared to last year's iPhone model or something?

They’re comparing the prices of last years Xr when they were released 10/2018. The iPhone 11’s were just released 9/2019.

———————————————

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My mistake. I don't follow iPhones as even at $700 they are well above what I'm willing to pay for a phone. If they had an SE2 in the $500 range on the other hand.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Getting the new Apple battery for $29 into my 6S Plus was the best decision I ever made when it comes to phone purchases (or non-purchases).

Add in the fact that the Geek Squad damaged the front screen connections when doing the replacement, so I got a new front screen as well.

Win Win Win.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I wish I had done that least year. My phone let me know that my battery is degraded two months after that promotion.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post