SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Viper remote start, not starting all the time.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Viper remote start, not starting all the time. Login/Join 
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted
Have newly installed Viper 4105V remote starter. Not a week old yet. Some times, it will attempt to start, then shut off, but if you wait 23 seconds, it turns over like normal. Have a fresh battery. Any suggestions. I have not had any problem using a key to start it. I have a video, but it is to large to send. I am returning to dealer tomorrow.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In my day, we didn't have any fancy remote start. We had to crank-start our cars, and they died everytime you hit the brakes! So the roads were littered with dead bodies and disabled vehicles from people getting hit when they got out to hand-crank their non-remote-starting cars! That's how it was. Be grateful!

Posts: 107408 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Say, wouldn't it be a hoot if I was the only person to post to your thread? Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107408 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Im still picturing the streets littered with bodies and abandoned cars without Zombies walking around..... sorry I dont know about the Viper.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In my day, we didn't have any fancy remote start. We had to crank-start our cars, and they died everytime you hit the brakes! So the roads were littered with dead bodies and disabled vehicles from people getting hit when they got out to hand-crank their non-remote-starting cars! That's how it was. Be grateful!

You forgot to say "...and weeeeee liked it!"

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
Have newly installed Viper 4105V remote starter. Not a week old yet. Some times, it will attempt to start, then shut off, but if you wait 23 seconds, it turns over like normal. Have a fresh battery. Any suggestions. I have not had any problem using a key to start it. I have a video, but it is to large to send. I am returning to dealer tomorrow.

Why don't you go back to the installer and make them fix it since it was installed less than a week ago? Probably a bad connection.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened on my murano, but that was like 7 years ago. I recall they changed batteries in the clicker (who would have thunk it) also they re-wired the connection to the unit with a higher grade cable, something about getting more battery juice to the starter.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy starter fob, then shalt thou count to twenty three, no more, no less. Twenty Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be twenty three. Twenty Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou twenty two, excepting that thou then proceed to twenty three. Twenty Five is right out. Once the number twenty three, being the twenty third number, be reached, then presseth thou thy Holy fob button of Antioch towards thou vehicle, who being unrunning and in thy sight, shall not startith.

Posts: 23359 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
We had trouble with a Viper years ago and it was a disaster. Removed it from the vehicle and the vehicle still wasn't right.

Posts: 5614 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post