SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Madame Alexander Dolls
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Madame Alexander Dolls Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
Anybody know anything about these dolls?

My ex-MIL gave these to my daughters in the 1980s (bought new). None of my daughters want these (they don't want ANYTHING to do with their mother's side of the family - long story) and I have about 20 of these.

I know what I see on ebay but still trying to determine if they are worth keeping (for a future grand-daughter?), worth the $$ of going through the motions to sell, or just donate.

Anyone here with knowledge of these?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If your daughters are not interested in the MIL side of the family, why would that change regarding what they want their future daughters to have....

I'd sell them on Ebay if nobody wants them

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Funny thing, as I get older and I have a bigger house than I ever had, but I just don't want junk or unused items around anymore. If its questionable or I haven't used it in some time, it goes. I have even been getting rid of some items I never thought I would lately, but I look at it and just think, eh, what am I doing with it.

If your daughters don't want them, EBAY or Craigslist all the way

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
List them on eBay. When they sell, go have a free lunch or buy a new pistol depending on what they bring Smile

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
If your daughters are not interested in the MIL side of the family, why would that change regarding what they want their future daughters to have....

I'd sell them on Ebay if nobody wants them

There's always a chance for healing and forgiving what there grandmother is and realize their great-grandmother was not like that. (My son did not invite his mother to his wedding, graduation in the military, or first advancement ceremony although he did invite his aunts.)

Without knowledge about current selling aspects found on Ebay; if Paypal is accepted, does the Seller have any protections?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
List them on eBay. When they sell, go have a free lunch or buy a new pistol depending on what they bring Smile

Or a Marantz 2270 receiver in excellent condition. Big Grin