SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK now on lockdown....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK now on lockdown.... Login/Join 
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Well this is no longer funny. My mother spent time in ICU with respiratory problems in December, and I don't think that should be a mandatory experience in life.

quote:
Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care as symptoms 'worsen'

06 April 2020

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened", Downing Street has said.

A spokesman said he was moved on the advice of his medical team and is receiving "excellent care".

Mr Johnson has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to deputise "where necessary", the spokesman added.

The prime minister, 55, was admitted to hospital in London with "persistent symptoms" on Sunday.

A No 10 statement read: "Since Sunday evening, the prime minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas' Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus.

"Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the prime minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the intensive care unit at the hospital."

It continued: "The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication."

[...]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52192604

Posts: 2413 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
Well this is no longer funny. My mother spent time in ICU with respiratory problems in December, and I don't think that should be a mandatory experience in life.

Indeed. My mother was in ICU for several weeks during/after Thanksgiving in November and December with respiratory issues as well. A terrible, scary experience for both her and us.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fact that he was diagnosed 10 days ago and now he is in intensive care shows how long the lag time is between being infected and not knowing, starting to feel sick, and then getting hit with the worst. After getting through 10 days you would hope you would be past it being a possible killer.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post