SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK now on lockdown....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK now on lockdown.... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
the PM has skoken.

Looks like the crazies who partied at the weekend like the last tango on the Titanic have tipped the balance. the town of Matlock in the Derbyshire Peak District was filled with around 300 or so bikers exercising their RIGHT to be there, the beaches were filled like Labour Day Weekend and Mount Snowdon in Wales had visitors tripping over each others' heels to get up and down.

Now?

No more than TWO people together in public at any one time.

All the non-essential stores closed.

ONE trip out a day - for exercise or essential FOOD shopping only.

There's more, but right now I'm trying to figure out how we can get to help our handicapped daughter and her handicapped husband who is, not
to put too fine a point to it, a total dwong.

I'll keep you posted on the happenings, or rather, lack of them, but you can bet your life it's going to be the same for all of us pretty much sooner than later.

Take care over there. Mrs tac and I have some very close and dear friends where you are.

Care for each other - I recall somebody is said to have recommended that, a while back.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry to hear that..
We had plans to send our younger son and his new bride to London for a 10 day honeymoon mid May.

It’s looking less and less likely that that will happen.

I hope you and your family are able to cope with all that we all have to endure.

Good times will come.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

So a man doesn't have to go clothes shopping with their wife?

That's leadership, Mr. Pullings, that's leadership.

Wink

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7550029764

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Too late!

Flights From Coronavirus Epicentres China, Iran, Italy Still Landing In UK
airport.jpg

(Breitbart) – The British government is still allowing flights to arrive at the nation’s airports from the countries where coronavirus infection is most widespread.

The British government has refused to ban air travel from coronavirus hotspots, allowing thousands of people to enter the country from coronavirus stricken countries including China, Iran, and Italy, despite the local lockdown measures imposed by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Flights from Rome and Beijing are still being permitted to arrive in London every day. Iran Air flights from Tehran arrive in the British capital three times a week as well, even though the country has the third-highest death toll from the virus in the world.

On Saturday, two flights from Beijing and a flight from Shanghai arrived at Heathrow airport and a fourth landed at Gatwick airport.
Another flight from Iran is due to arrive in the capital this afternoon, according to The Times.

A spokesman for the government defended the decision to forego travel bans on inflected countries, claiming: “There is no evidence that interventions like closing borders or travel bans would have any effect on the spread of infection. Those who return to the UK would be advised to reduce their social contact by following the same social distancing measures as the rest of the country.”

The United Kingdom has refused to follow the lead of the United States and even the European Union, which have enacted travel bans during the coronavirus outbreak.

People arriving in the United Kingdom are being asked to self-isolate– yet there is no way for the government to ensure that they do.

The director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in the United States, infectious disease expert Dr Anthony S. Fauci, has said that President Donald Trump’s decision to ban travel from China and Europe was a key element in reducing the spread of the virus in America.

“The two pillars, the two elements of our capability to contain the infection and the surge of infections in this country rely on two things: keeping infections from coming from without in. We’ve been very successful in doing that with China and with Europe,” Dr Fauci explained.

“Our shutting off travel from China and, more recently, travel from Europe, has gone a long way to not seeding very, very intensively the virus in our country,” he added.

breitbart.com/europe/2020/03/22/flights-from-coronavirus-epicentres-china-iran-italy-still-landing-in-uk/

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8351 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and Prayers for you and your loved ones Tac. The Gov of Washington State is speaking tonight and will do the same thing since the crowds were out over the weekend having a good time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: braillediver,

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope boss man let's this one slide as well as any other nation specific ones remain (see CJEvans, or Banshee 1 [don't make me regret that])

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One wonders how "they" know when you've had your one trip.

Sorry to hear of your restrictions and the impact on your daughter. Ms. Tejas and I were scheduled to visit the Cotswolds in late May but I think that trip is becoming less and less likely.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Posts: 990 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
One wonders how "they" know when you've had your one trip.

Sorry to hear of your restrictions and the impact on your daughter. Ms. Tejas and I were scheduled to visit the Cotswolds in late May but I think that trip is becoming less and less likely.

Best of luck to you and yours.

The surveillance capitol of the world. You don't think their facial recognition program can be set to watch for 2 hits on the same person at different times of the day?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Tac, you and your wife stay safe. Best of luck to you in caring for your daughter.

I'll not forget your kindness when our daughter was a student in London. Thanks you again.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I talked to my daughter this morning (Hammersmith), I am pretty certain she did t see that coming. She did mention that they were taking about rationing. She’s been working from home for two weeks and it’s been slow. Her husband has workers stranded all
Over the world that he is trying to take care of and get home.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Tac, you and your wife stay safe. Best of luck to you in caring for your daughter.

I'll not forget your kindness when our daughter was a student in London. Thanks you again.

That's very kind of you to remember that!! Wow!! I'm deeply moved for sure! See, SIG forum IS a good great place to be, right?

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
We have the same small percentage of idiots here that are likely to create health problems for many, tacfoley.

I would expect that you will be able to help your daughter, at least I hope that is the case.

I am praying for the safety of you and your family.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you Tac, was wondering how you are making out.

I'm in Palm Beach florida, a burb of NY and backed with old folks. It is eerily quiet outside.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My small county (Bell) in central Texas got locked down last night.

Two weeks ago was the little ones spring break so we were out for a week then it got extended for last week. Yesterday he started online classes. And we’ve got two weeks in front of us of more self isolation.

I feel your pain Tac, and will pray for your family.

The worst thing is that I can’t go to the range...due to travel restrictions..I’m sure I could stay six to eight feet away from anyone else.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
All the ranges closed here...........AND all the many narrow gauge railways that rely heavily on volunteers for crew and maintenance. Here in mainland UK, that's around 85 or so, the majority of them in Wales. As well as the standard gauge stuff...just one, the Severn Valley Railway in rural Shropshire and Herefordshire, would have had upwards of 5000 visitors last weekend, instead, there were, uh, none.

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

So a man doesn't have to go clothes shopping with their wife?

That's leadership, Mr. Pullings, that's leadership.

Wink

"This ship is England!" Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I hope boss man let's this one slide as well as any other nation specific ones remain (see CJEvans, or Banshee 1 [don't make me regret that])

Actually I'm posting any local updates on the main thread. My spinoff was for the recurring debate about the capabilities of different healthcare systems, including the American, to deal with crises like, but not limited to, the current.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
COVID-19: Boris Before and After Pics Stun Brits

(2020-03-27) — The British public awakened this morning shocked to see the devastating impact of COVID-19 on Prime Minister Boris Johnson who just tested positive for the novel Coronavirus.

“He looks like he’s been smitten by a lorry,” said one gobsmacked Londoner upon seeing the images for the first time. “It’s horrible and pathetic. Look what it’s done to him!”

While the Prime Minister said his symptoms are relatively mild, most citizens have now seen the startling before and after pictures published in a British tabloid.

“They’re hushing up his true condition,” said an alarmed merchant from Shrimpshropshire, a suburb of London. “The pictures contradict the lies coming from Number 10 Downing.”

https://scrappleface.com/blog/...ter-pics-stun-brits/

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Let's just say he's hiding it well.

And now the minister for Health has got it. He lives not too far away from us, here in rural Cambridgeshire.

Meanwhile, up in Canada, one guy on canadiangunnutz is talking about going to the range to try out some new loads today...guess he either he doesn't know, or chooses to ignore the recommendations of the Federal government about public places, eh?