SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fisher & Paykel Refrigerators
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fisher & Paykel Refrigerators Login/Join 
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted
We are remodeling the laundry room and have limited space for the secondary refrigerator. We have the following limitations: counter depth, 67.75H x 33.5W.

The only manufacturer offering models which fit our size requirements is Fisher & Paykel. They are expensive and the online reviews seem good.

What says the SigForum brain trust? Thanks!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
My GF recently bought one because of space restrictions also. She loves it...so far. Good luck.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I know it's not a fridge but my friend has a washer by them, he has had no issues with them and is happy with the quality, had only one issue ,was the diameter of a hose or something simple that was not your typical size.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depth is not a concern?

was there a frige in that room before ?
if it is a very small room , will the heqat generated by the frige be a concern ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
The depth needs to be <30".

We had a standard size refrigerator in the laundry room, located next to a stacked front loading washer and dryer. For several reasons, we decided to place the washer and dryer side by side. Consequently, the secondary refrigerator needed to move to the other side of the room.

We've had no temperature issues in the room. It is the closest room to the AC air handler.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wayniac,

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
MAKE SURE SOMEONE WILL SERVICE IT!

F-P servicers are few and far between. The only, THE ONLY source for F-P parts is F-P. If you are a dealer/authorized servicer, you get a whopping 20% off of list price on parts. No servicer can live on 20% so they are going to add their regular markup onto the 80% of list they pay from F-P. Thus, parts aren't cheap.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

F-P servicers are few and far between. The only, THE ONLY source for F-P parts is F-P. If you are a dealer/authorized servicer, you get a whopping 20% off of list price on parts. No servicer can live on 20% so they are going to add their regular markup onto the 80% of list they pay from F-P. Thus, parts aren't cheap.

Thanks Brad, will do. I assume this brand isn't junk?

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

Thanks Brad, will do. I assume this brand isn't junk?

No, their quality is high and they are well made. Just know going in that not everyone works on them.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've never had their Refrigerators, but I'm a big fan of their small dishwashers (Dish Drawers, they call them). I've had them in two places so far, and had no problems.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Last place I worked at had one (side by side model) in the break room. Only issue was the ice through the door feeder would not stay working. They gave up trying to get it serviced.
As far as the refrigerator and freezer themselves, no complaints.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I visited the local appliance store which handles F&P. I bought a nice French door (floor model) with a small scuff on the side. (The scuffed side is going against the wall.) I paid $400.00 less than the online retail price! No icemaker or water.

According to the salesman, they have service agreements with local companies. The unit comes with a two year warranty.