SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your melee weapon of choice?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your melee weapon of choice? Login/Join 
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

This and a nice aluminum bat should work pretty good for most things that need done. Sometimes you need speed and not sheer brute force. I could swing both items repeatedly without tiring too quickly.

Crap!!! I KNEW this thread was going to cost me some money. Would you please provide info on this?

thanks

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’d love excuse for something like this...

But for “practicality”, this would be a more reasonable choice due to its utility around the house. 8lb might become a little tiresome in a target rich environment though, so maybe the 3lb little brother as a backup...

Of course this looks like fun... do we have to pick just one?

Side note- I think I see some Fiskars in my future...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
For something to keep in the car and probably legal in the U.K. I give you:

25" Harbor Freight breaker bar. I got mine on sale for $7.99.

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I have one of those "Trucker's Friend" tools in the truck. But after reading through this thread, I'm reconsidering my choice.
I played baseball & later softball for many years, and could hit pretty well. I think a nice aluminum baseball bat might work best for me.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Wak. Maybe two....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
This is my choice as well.

quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
Stanley Demo hammer I have one of these and they are awesome to wield.

I also will add this gem from earlier this year:

quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

Most sensible! The rise of the undead is not the time to start casting about for last-ditch melee weapons. Get a tomahawk ahead of time so you don't have to use a toaster oven to fight for your life.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
A Japanese sword. Good for slashing and stabbing.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smaller aluminum bats, such as for smaller kids. Dual wield.

Or bat plus framing hammer.

I do have some lengths of black pipe to use to lengthen breaker bars when wrenching. Those would also do nicely. Or, the breaker itself.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
My Melee'ing experience is fairly limited. But I have used an old Kel-Light as a weapon on the job a few times.

My other weapon was a PR-24 which worked VERY well.

I once witnessed the aftermath of a fight between two nut jobs, one had a wooden bat, the other a framing hammer. The framing hammer won...decisively!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Immediately at hand? Hmm... Probably my Vaughn ax-handled framing hammer. A sledge or a wood ax are to heavy and slow.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Splitting hatchet, 1.5-2 lbs.
Short enough to be quick. Heavy enough to sever limbs and penetrate skulls.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:

Crap!!! I KNEW this thread was going to cost me some money. Would you please provide info on this?

thanks

Hey Mark. What you're looking at is a Tora Blades WW2 1/2nd GR Kukri. These guys offer some really nice historically accurate kukri's. They only go on sale a few times a year and you're in luck. CLICK HERE TO GO TO WEBSITE

Business is United Kingdom based so you'll have to pay whatever rate conversion is necessary.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cold Steel War Hawk
https://ltspecpro.com/cold-ste...ahawks/war-hawk.html
And a Cold Steel kukri similar to this one but an older model.
https://ltspecpro.com/gurkha-kukri-a2.html

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
When I worked on a surveying crew I always felt medieval when we used these for clearing line...

most excellent choice, I have one and have used it often,
there is also another version, slighly longer thinner blade, sharpened on both sides,

both will do, since if for whatever reason they break off, the ax handle itself is a formidable tool for beating things senseless

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Mutedblade, Thanks! I've fired off an email for details on how to order.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Well something I have and can wield well would be a hockey stick. Very light weight and strong. Maybe cut one at a sharp angle to add a stabbing element to it. I have a couple old school aluminum sticks that are a little heavier and more sturdy than the newer carbon fiber ones. I would probably probably go with one of those. Plus I don't use my 2 aluminum sticks, so cutting 1 would be fine. 1 is actually broken near the end of the shaft already.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Mirabile LONG DRAGONFLY CUTTER (TONBOKIRI)

https://youtu.be/dzDr1O6Ac0g

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
when I worked in the Grocery Biz, in a less than desirable neighborhood, one of my employees showed up for work with a framing hammer,

I made the assumption he had a job in the construction biz and was maybe leaving me (he was a fuel center lead, basically ran the gas station attached to the store I managed)

he said he had in the past, but got out of it, and kept the hammer as a carry tool,
he could not afford a handgun, and had no place to keep one so that it would not get stolen (lived in the hood,, )

so a framing hammer was the next best thing

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post