SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Democrats propose lowering voting age in Michigan to 16
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Democrats propose lowering voting age in Michigan to 16 Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Stupid.

A necessary part of the Democratic voting base.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
These are the same shitheads who claim those up to 26 years old are children. That these millennial fuck ups are not responsible for their actions or lack of. And now they claim 16-fucking-year-olds are now fully functional rational voters.

Retards. A bunch of goddamn, desperate retards.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Why not 12? Or 7? Or 5?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
So they want to lower the voting age, but raise the age to buy a firearm to the age to the same legal age to buy alcohol. Only a liberal would find that to be sound logic.

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore: nor do I see many 16-year-olds actually going to the trouble of voting in significant numbers.

Are you kidding? Most poling places here in Michigan are in schools. They close schools on voting day. They would keep the schools open and parade the kids into vote. 99% turnout for the 16-18 year old set guaranteed.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the greatest danger to this country is a democrat that is still breathing...until they're eradicated we will continue to face the threat of this crap to destroy the country

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
But this champion of the rights of teens voted against the change in Michigan CPL law to allow 18 year old persons the right to carry.
https://votesmart.org/bill/242...permits#.WyO_uVVKiM9

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
It's hard enough to get adults to show up to vote; as if a 16yr old would show up?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
So 16 is old enough to affect policy. 18 is old enough to fight for your country. Want to buy a gun or have a beer, suddenly they don’t think you’re mature enough til you’re 21.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Why not 12? Or 7? Or 5?

This guy gets it!

Hell, lets make simple ballots for toddlers and let them vote by finger painting!

Anything else is oppression, plain and simple.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
It opens the demographic to support higher number of stuffed ballots.

Nothing like political factions in highschool... that should be fun too.

Manipulate and exploit the children.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew3630:
I don't want some 16 year old kid who's probably a sophomore or junior in high school helping to decide my future.
Most 16 year olds have 0 life experience, they're still living at home, with mom cooking and doing their laundry.
What makes it worse is that at that age, you're sure you know everything and have all the answers.

Most 16 year olds? How about "100%" of all 16-year olds. And 90% of all 21 year olds.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Adults often cringe at the dumb shit they thought when they were young. Naive political stances is a very common one. There’s already plenty of examples of 16 year olds making poor choices and ruining their lives. What kind of fool would want their youthful mistakes ruining the lives of all generations?

Some people have problems separating how life really works vs television shows and films. In real life the kids don’t come to the rescue when adults are baffled. While it may be entertaining the fact remains that in real life kids act just like kids and adults bail them out of impulsive misadventures.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I didn’t know shit until I was at least 25. Not much more now.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post