SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Last surviving female pilot from World War II
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last surviving female pilot from World War II Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice video. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that post...very interesting.

As the German fighter gets alongside her.... "Oh My" she said! LOL. THAT was funny.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a contrast to the NFL kneelers.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that. Showed my daughter. She is 16 and pursuing an aerospace engineering degree (started college early) and is now hungry to learn to fly - starts training in the spring. She has read all about the Women’s auxiliary, WACs and loves these little stories.

That wonderful lady at 101 thinking of flying 400 Spitfires and “playing in the clouds” is an inspiration for today’s generation.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Something to show my daughters. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of our own WASPS, Women's Air Service Pilots, who ferried plane from the factories to the bases. Wonder if and are still around?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
British, perhaps, but not American.

Where I work there is a former WASP.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
British, perhaps, but not American.

That was my first thought.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, the Greatest Generation will not be here much longer, sad.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post