SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weego Jump Starter - someone you know needs one
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weego Jump Starter - someone you know needs one Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I had to call AAA a few days ago for a jump start. I have cables but they weren't handy.

The AAA guy rolled up, grabbed one of these units, didn't even mess with jumper cables, and started it right up.

He said they really like these, they're quicker, easier, and it's common to get a call for a jump start on a vehicle that's in a garage and kind of hard to get to, these little hand carry jump boxes are just the ticket.

I'll be shopping for one of these.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the Project Farm testing I'm leaning toward the Audew 1500A or 2000A. Both may be overkill for 3.5L vehicles, but more battery capacity in the winter seems good. Maybe they'll go on sale this weekend.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
It's not clear to me yet...

Will they jump a completely dead battery or do they have the safety auto polarity sensing so they will not?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that the NOCO will work with a dead battery. I read the instructions when I got them (for Christmas presents) and it tells one how to handle a totally dead battery. I have not had a reason to use/try my NOCO to date, but it is ready when the occasion arises.

ADD: I just checked mine, as I charged it up just before Christmas......and it still has 100% charge!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
It's not clear to me yet...

Will they jump a completely dead battery or do they have the safety auto polarity sensing so they will not?
I have one that’s made by Schumacher it has both polarity protection and dead short protection. Part of the dead short protection (I believe) is a < 2.5v it won’t deliver power. As was explained to me that was there to prevent the lithium batteries from blowing up. I’ve cheated and used a 9v battery to fool the system.

I’ve had one now for about 5 years. If mine takes a dump on me I’ll get another quickly.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
My landlady in Fl. has one. little bigger than a cell phone and compact/self contained as all get out.She had it in the glove box of her car and it started a car on the first try.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I believe that the NOCO will work with a dead battery. I read the instructions when I got them (for Christmas presents) and it tells one how to handle a totally dead battery. I have not had a reason to use/try my NOCO to date, but it is ready when the occasion arises.

ADD: I just checked mine, as I charged it up just before Christmas......and it still has 100% charge!!

It will start. There’s an override (hold down on button) for “Yes, jump it anyway, I know it’s dead.”

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm still wondering how the weeego folks figure that 95% of the vehicles on the road have small engine... I suspect they are telling me that it won't work on any of the three vehicles I have...

Ford E250 van, Ford flex with the turbo engine.. or especially the Boxter...Believe it or not that dern little Boxter has the biggest damn batter of them all....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
While I got some of the NOCOs to give out as presents, I got this somewhat larger all in one with air compressor and power ports to have in our SUV.

At only 600 Amps I’m not gonna get Many use out of it per charge, but trust myself to keep it charged up more than my goofy kids.
Link.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I'm still wondering how the weeego folks figure that 95% of the vehicles on the road have small engine... I suspect they are telling me that it won't work on any of the three vehicles I have...

Ford E250 van, Ford flex with the turbo engine.. or especially the Boxter...Believe it or not that dern little Boxter has the biggest damn batter of them all....

This will work for you..
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB...gid=pla-449394730282

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

This will work for you..
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB...gid=pla-449394730282

This ^^^^^ is what I bought.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have the Earth X portable lithium jump pack. Its made in America with LifePO4 lithium batteries, which are low discharge, top of the line batteries, from what I understand. I bought it when my motorcycle battery was almost dead and barely, just barely started when I was way out in the country. I said, that sucked, I need a way to jump my battery. I have used the device several times since, and it has easily jump started a dead Honda 4 cyl and a dead motorcycle.

I ALSO keep a set of jumper cables, a tire inflator, and a 24 inch breaker bar and correct size socket (to remove wheel)in each car.

https://earthxbatteries.com/shop/earthx-jump-pack

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a (much aligned) Harbor Freight viking one, no issues jumping up to 6 cylinder vehicles. I have had it for about 3 years now and in total have jumped close to 30 vehicles with it, it is amazing how everything looks like a nail when you have a hammer. Just ordered the Audew 2000a peak jumper to be handier to other folks as well.

In the following vid, this was 3rd time jumping my car that day (evening) because of bad battery (which got replaced the next day). These little packs are definitely worth it.

https://youtu.be/q3JNZpZizKQ

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
On all the ringing endorsement for the Weego, I bought a Jumpstart 22. It came really really fast. I charged it and threw it in my trunk. My neighbor comes by and asked if I had jumper cables. I said, I have something better. I have this Weego. well he was amazed connected it to the battery and nothing! left it on until the blue lights discharged and .... nothing. So I reached out to the company not once but 3 times, never heard from them. I call Amex disputed the charge (1-year policy on purchases with them) they credited me the full amount and now maybe the people at Weego will actually get back to me otherwise I will be the proud owner of something no more capable of charging an iPhone or iPad.
So my advice is to buy from anyone but these jackasses.

Follow-up*** in fairness to the people at Weego. A young lady finally called in response to my support request. The provided me with a pre-paid shipping label, for product inspection and they examined the item and returned a brand new 44 jumpstart (upgrade at no cost.) I have not had a need yet to try it, but it is twice the size and it seems like it would offer a lot more power.
So I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as they have a Genuine incompetent Governor that is crushing businesses in NJ.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post